Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

beach blast report

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mudhog, Jul 28, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ok first of id like to thank everyone who came /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and those who donated things jeremy jeff and zack /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif also another not of thanks to zack for letting me use his season pass so i didn't have to pay to camp for the weekend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (i still have your pass and you left 2 boxes of stuff there so i need to get that stuff back to you) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ok we had like 16 rigs there and about 30 people between obh and the nw trail blazers. the events sucked because they called me on wednesday and said they no longer give out permits for events at sand lake during the summer months between memorial day and labor day /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so we could not set up any courses /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so next year it needs to be before memorial day or after labor day so we can actually set up some courses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif some people showed up before 10am and some people were there friday night (thanks zack for getting us a good spot on the tree line) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif we waited till around 11:30 to start for more people to show up. we started out with the uphill climb cassidy with the 79 flatbed had the lead till brian waddell showed up with his wifes bad ass first generation blazer and blew everyone away /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif cassidy was giving him a good run for his money though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif after everyone made several runs up the hill we had lunch while deciding how to do a obstacle course brian came up with a good idea so we made a course and he ran it first and did awesome at the course coming around one sharp turn without even slowing down shifted the twin stick 205 into front wheel drive only made the turn and then without missing a beat went back into 4low /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif (twin-sticking my 205 is my next mod) cassidy went next then dan in the blue ford ranger and he blew a bead on the course so that stopped the event for a while. some people went to play while that was being fixed so we decided to do the raffle after that josh got 2 of jeremys prizes and cassidy got the other josh also won a bunch of shirts and hats and he also won the winch /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif josh was definitely the big winner of the day lol victor won the rock sliders that jeff donated and he gave it to dan patric i believe it was brian waddell who won the new 2.5in duel exhaust system all in all it was a great weekend to just get out and have fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif next year the events will be better because we will be able to set up the courses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

heh what about my drunken rambling sat. night with you and chris and zack, Surely you didnt forget that... God knows i did

3. mudhog

oh and i forgot to mention after lunch we did the kids piñata filled with toys and candy it was a ricer race car they got to beat on /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif then did the kids raffle each kid got 2 prizes each /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

no i didn't /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Goog times... good times. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I completely forgot about my boxes. I PMed you about the pass though. (I have problems functioning after I wake up)

Josh- Are you missing a gift certificate? I found one in the back of the Blazer but can't remember if I got my second one in the other cup I won.

6. Silver84k5

nah i think all the cups had a certificate in them.

You lucky it didnt blow out

7. mudhog

no not all of them did i only had 6 gift certificates from 4 wheel parts

8. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    Good times... good times. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I completely forgot about my boxes. I PMed you about the pass though. (I have problems functioning after I wake up)

Josh- Are you missing a gift certificate? I found one in the back of the Blazer but can't remember if I got my second one in the other cup I won.

[/ QUOTE ]
    sent you a pm back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good times indeed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif next year will be way better when we have the right permits so we can actually set up courses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mudhog

i do have video of the hill climbing event that i need to find a place to host it so i can post it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH, thankyou... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As you know my family and I were just going to watch and we wish we could of been there but due to family illness, my landlord getting in a wreck and passing away, my uncle at the coast, blah, blah, blah,...Next year a must... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hopefully it doesn't have sound. My exhaust leak is sickining.

12. mudhog

yes it has sound /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I would first of all like to apoligize to Waddel for not being able to go get his firewood /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, mabey next time. I want to give a big thanks to shannon for getting the event set up and even though we werent able to get ceartin events set up like we would like to, it was still fun. next year will only be better. I also cant waite to make a trip to 4wheel parts to cash in my gift certificats that i won. I also want to know if josh and zack still smell like mustard?
    thanks again and see yall next year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Silver84k5

[ QUOTE ]
    know if josh and zack still smell like mustard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i have pinpointed the last of it, and hopefully i can eliminate the rest of it tommorow morning when i take a shower.... Thx for the concern /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I know why Josh won so much.. he had the lucky engine crossmember,LOL

Gee Josh all that talk about making all that [I love Jeeps] for ya and you win it anyways,LMAO!!!!! Awesome, can I just have the blazer to do it, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-J

16. Silver84k5

the funny thing is i didnt even bring my truck, i rolled with zack, and just drank all day..... and most of the night.

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

LMAO!!! so you won the shock kit and the steering brace??

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

This begs two questions -

What's up with the mustard? Tell us the story.........

How did you win multiple times? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. Silver84k5

ahh the mustard. ok. We were climbing out of the first bowl and in the back of the truck was my winch, our cooler, and some other stuff, we started bouncin pretty good and the lid to the cooler flew off, then the cooler flipped upside down, and dumped all our stuff in the back of the truck, then i think my winch slid back and made the mustard explode all over everything, so we went back there to start the clean up effort, and since it was dark we didnt see the mustard till it was all over us.

i won multiple times cuz we all bought multiple tickets, and since there wasnt very many people involved in the raffle. Cassidy, Chris, Waddel, Cassidys Dad Mike, Zack, and me. pretty much cleaned house on the prizes ;P

20. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Ok ther were 16rigs and 30 people.. now how many of the rigs competed? Also any video or photos? Itr sounded like fun. Anyone do any jumping?