Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bead locks vs Street locks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Jan 28, 2001.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I havent done to much investigation on this but I'm curious what is the difference? Is 4WPW just blow'n smoke up our a$$ and trying to sell us a wheel with a look-a-like non functional lock around them or are they actually worth the $100 bucks a piece and work like a real bead locker would? I would rather go with or without a true bead lock, then get a half a$$ piece of $hit thats really for promotional reasons. Does anybody know the skimpy on these "Street Locks"?

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

2. Phaeton

Phaeton Registered Member

They are fake. Just give the appearance of a bead lock.

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

So your telling me that its like buying those fake a$$ disc brake look-a-likes that I see on all these rice rides.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

There's got to be something about them check out the price of the exact wheel without the locks just above to the right.Thats a $65 difference on the 15x10's.
    [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The "Street Locks" are not real bead locks. They simply have a ring welded on to make it look like a bead lock, hence the "bead lock STYLING" quote listed on the add.