Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beadlock Brands

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by morphed86k10, Apr 27, 2002.

1. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking of getting some 15" beadlocks and was wondering if anyone had some input on them? Eaton (which I've heard generally good things about) makes a 15X10 beadlock for about $130 a piece, but the Trail Ready equivalent is like $200! Why is there such a large price difference between the two?

I was quoting just the basic 15X10, I know I'll need to get some 8 lug wheels with non-stock backspacing, which will add a bit to the price. But the comparison is still pretty equal.

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I have dont a little research (not a lot cause i dont have the $$ yet) but this is what im thinking---

Ive heard bad stories about eatons from the pirate board---take too long to make, bad customer service etc...

champion and trailready are the best you can get---super strong, pretty, take a little while to make but worth it.---you get what you pay for.

rockstomper---best bang for you buck---but you gotta know or have someone weld them on. and gotta have steel wheels. this is what im gonna do. for $70 a corner this is not bad at all. though i think you can get them aluminum also. (you can buy beadlocked rims already made too, just more $$)

Ive heard HORROR stories about stockton and will not do any business w/ them.

this is just what ive heard and what im gonna do so its just my $.02

Dan

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I HAVE M.R.T. BEADLOCKS I REALY LIKE THEM. YOU CAN ORDER THEM FROM SAMS OFFROAD.
    www.samsoffroad.com

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

I have the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/members/album60/eaton.jpg>eatons</a> and it only 3 weeks to get them.
    mine run pretty straight and haven't had ant problems with them.

Although i think there bead ring could be a little thicker, I have put a dent or bend in one of the rings , but it was a hard hit.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

linky no worky

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

That works, thanks

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

yea stockton wheel dose suck ass on the customer service end of the deal..and had to wait a month and 2 days for my wheels when they told me it would be 2 weeks..then when i went to get my spare it took a month and 2 weeks to get just one wheel...they are by no means fast at all...but if i had to do it all over again i would go back to stockton wheel just because i love the wheels...i paid 160 per wheel....but they gave me a little bit of a deal because my dad went to college with the owner...so noramly they are 190 each...if you are not in a hurry by all means go with stockton...if you just want to get some wheels without any issues go somewhere else..just my .02 for personaly dealing with them

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yup...go to General 4x4 on the www.pirate4x4.com and do a search for stockton wheel...oh, wear a flame suit/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif