Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beadlock wheels

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by morphed86k10, Apr 27, 2002.

1. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking of getting some 15" beadlocks and was wondering if anyone had some input on them? Eaton (which I've heard generally good things about) makes a 15X10 beadlock for about $130 a piece, but the Trail Ready equivalent is like $200! Why is there such a large price difference between the two?

I was quoting just the basic 15X10, I know I'll need to get some 8 lug wheels with non-stock backspacing, which will add a bit to the price. But the comparison is still pretty equal.

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

3. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

I've got the eaton 15x10 beadlock wheels. You can order them with 8 lugs, and 3 1/2" backspacing for free. I ended up paying $690 for all 5 sent to my door. Took like 5 weeks though.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Trail Ready builds in a centering ring on the wheel, I don't know of anyone else that does that on a steel wheel. That's the majority of the price difference I'm sure. I'm not sure how the wide alum retaining ring affects price. That's my best guess. I don't know about the type of wheel they start with, they may not be exactly the same either.