Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beadlocks on the road

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by extremeblazer, Sep 5, 2001.

1. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

Any one running beadlocks on a driver? All beadlocks say that they are for off road use only. I had 16.5 rims and after letting the air out in the shop and the beads just coming off sitting on the floor I want 15's to hold the beads on and locks just incase. I really wanted new MT Classic II but with 1 Ton Axles I can't purchase 8 lug 15 inch so I need steel. What sugestions for a nice looking steel wheel and who drives beadlocks on the road? Any problems? Why are beadlocks not legal for road use?

2. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I guess legallity of beadlocks depends on where you are from. In Missouri they are not illegal. I run stock aluminum wheels with Champion beadlocks installed on the street and have had no problems. I do not know much about steel beadlocks. Mine balanced as well as Boggers can.

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>

3. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Do a search. I think this topic has been covered a few times.

Chad

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

And check your local laws..

Mike

<font color=green>"My K5 is purdyr than your sister!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

5. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.Tireloc.com>www.Tireloc.com</a> is a company that makes internal beadlocks for 16.5 wheels and for others sizes. They can be installed on any wheel and they "lock" both the inside and outside beads. They are street legal in all 50 states-one drawback-pricey!