Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

beadlocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rebel88, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

anybody know of a place on or near the east coast that i can send a set of wheels to and have beadlocks installed?

if so, you know how much they run?

Later

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

ttt

anybody know?

Later

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Rockstomper. Buy the rings from them, and then have a local welding shop stitch them on. DIY install. They're in arizona.

4. rocnwilly

rocnwilly 1/2 ton status

talk to Aaron at Rockstopmers. Aaron is really cool to talk with and very knowledgable. Tell him Rockwell Mike sent u. They r in Colorado not Arizona.

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

actually that was the first place i looked...ive talked to scott over there before about them and they sound like an awesome deal...

i talked to a local tire shop today and they said they couldnt do them...in fact they said that they had never even seen a real beadlock in person just the lookalikes...

i guess i need to check out some welding and machine shops around here

two more questions...are the rockstompers a good deal price wise? and how hard is it to mount a tire to a rim with beadlocks?

thanks guys, i need to get this done before august so all help is appreciated

Later

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

this may sound really dumb but i dont know what the beadlock thing is all bout. what exactly is the advantage with them? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

thanx-Bryan

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

what they do is clamp the outside bead of the tire so when you are aired down it keeps the bead from popin off the rim and loosing what air you have left /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

AAHHH ok i c now..cool!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

especially since i run a 16.5 inch wheel which has no safety bead like a 15 inch does...

Later

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've been researching beadlocks heavily for about a month now, and have narrowed my choices down to 2 brands, Allied and Rockstomper. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to go with the Rockstompers because they are the beefiest (mmmm, beefy!), and they look F-ing SWEET with the countersunk bolts. At $135 for a 15x10 with locks already installed, the only thing close to them in price is an Eaton, which is not nearly as burly.

A lot of people like the Avalanche and Trail Ready beadlocks also (they're basiclaly the same, both made by Trail Ready, the Avalanches use a bit more heavy duty hardware on the ring though), they're supposed to be real strong, but I just don't like the look of the huge lockring. </font color>

11. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

have you talked to scott or any guys at rockstomper? im wondering if they have rings for a 16.5? i did see on the website only the 15 inch rings were on it.

Later

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Direct from the website - </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Add $10 per kit for 16", 16.1", or 16.5" steel beadlock kits

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green"> I haven't talked to Scott yet, but I'm probably going to give him a call today to get some specific pricing on some stuff. Going to see if I can get a break if I buy both the beadlocks and a set of Rock Rods. </font color>

13. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

yeah i re read the whole page after i posted that other post and i saw that...do you know how hard/easy to install they are?

Later

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> There's a review on the install of them on pirate4x4, seems to be just like any other beadlock, but you have to pay attention to the centering because they don't self center like Trail Readys or Allieds. </font color>

15. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

you wouldnt by chance have the link would you?

Later

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> THis covers the whole install, including welding the rings to the wheels, but also covers mounting tires and such. </font color>

17. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

thanks dude youve been a bunch of help...i might see if my dad can install them at his shop

Later