Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bear with me, advise maybe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTChevy, May 7, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

This is my last year of high school. Last month actually. I head off to tech school october. I dont wanna sound all weird but theres a few things. I've really got to know who my true friends are over the years, and i really dont wanna lose contact with them. My parents are getting a little bit more edgy and everything is a tad bit more stressfull. I am really excited to see what life has to offer and i am interested in experiencing the ups and downs. I am kinda worried about where i am gonna head to in life because i wanna be as sucessfull as possible. I really dont know if i should stop working on my rig for now and put it on the backburner. Im thinking if I just keep working as hard as possible now it might be better for later on. This is a big change in life. Just kinda wondering if you guys have anything to add, or comment on or whatever. Its just a big ball of confusion right now. Thanks guys

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Be sure you flush

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

One of the biggest keys to success is the ability to focus on the goal at hand and do your best to avoid distractions along the way. If you think your rig is gonna be on your mind too much, then mothball the sucker until you deal with the upcoming changes.

Change is good, brother. Unfortunately, it's also scary. You seem a little spooked right now, and that's normal. Just remember that you have to compartmentalize things in order of importance, and not lump EVERYTHING together, or it will seem WAY too overwhelming. Basically, worrying about your parents and your buddies and your truck, all at the same time, is gonna drive you nuts. Break the problems down and deal with them one at a time.

I hope this all made sense. Good luck, my friend.

4. MTChevy

thank you canmore

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yes goals are good but if you f@ck up your body by doing reckless chit you will never accomplish those goals, stay focused.

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No joke, best advice anyone could have given me before I started college. If you let your social life effect your studying, or your girlfriend effect the way you act towards your family or old friends, there WILL be hell to pay. Break everything down and seperate it, and take it seriously.

I don't mean to cause you even more pressure but you're talking about the rest of your life now, just keep that in the back of your head when you want to go out drinking instead of studying for an 8 a.m. test.

7. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

Unless your housemates ate all your food, then leave them a nice howdy dookie!

Man college was fun. I say have fun and try to get most of your work done. I figure most can be sucessful in college if you only party around 65% of the time. Leave the rest of the time for sex... or is that backwards. hmmmm

Seriously, have as much fun as you can while still getting through it. Once you get married and have kids, life changes dramatically. You know, no more all night LSD trips with mamosa's to watch the sunrise. Unfortunately, one night stands go out the door tooooo. :mad: It is a different kind of fun and you always know where to get some.

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've lost friends, I've gained friends, and it's all balanced out. No sweat!

9. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Don't screw up your credit. Take it from me, don't run up a whole bunch of credit cards. Stick your money in the bank, if you can't pay for it with cash, you don't need it.l

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First off, I have to congratulate you on your grammar and composition abilities. You write very well for a High School student. You might want to consider College instead of tech school, if you can, because anybody that has the ability to learn good grammar and composition at your age could be wasting their talent at a tech school. Second, Society for some reason thinks that people should know what they want to do with the rest of their lives at 16 (Bullsh!t). The truth is...most people have no idea what they want to do with their lives until about 23 or 24. You might want to attend College instead of tech school, and just float around for a couple of years taking your general math/English/social sciences/Humanities/ and Science classes in College. One of the good things about going to College is that you will be exposed to all the different career paths, which are available to you, and by the time you finish you general course requirements in College, you will be older, and have a better idea of what career path you want to choose.

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'd avise you to get away from that bear

Sorry............

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha:

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its all good advice. Only thing that I can offer is that its good to be a little scared about what's next, keeps you focused on the prize.....

14. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I would advise college too. From what I understand, there aren't very many women at most tech schools, and IMO that is one of the key ingredients to an educational experience. Its hard to say what career path to follow, as you can get in and out of school faster if you declare your major right off the bat, so you dont have to take as many dumb classes you dont need. On the other hand, I am 20 years old and fixing to change majors, which will render most of the last 2 years of college useless to me.

****it, just flip a coin.

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Regarding women at tech schools:

Nursing
    Veterinary
    And if you find a hot one covered in grease... Wow.

16. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

If you wanna go to the tech school, then do it. If you change your mind later, so be it. It's not the end of the world dude. By the time I'm done with the military and get to finish the degree I started in 2001, it'll be 2011. Nothings wrong with not really knowing what you want. The important thing is to go to school or do something productive with yourself!

17. MTChevy

Thank you for all the help guys. It gives me a lot to think about! Especially this bear ive been having a problem with. Great hugs though haha.

18. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I kinda wish I would have went to a tech school. I think it would have been more fun but Im really unsure about what I wanna do so Im sticking with college for now. I may change my mind but I wanna make sure its what I really wanna do before I leave school and lose all my scholarships cause then theres no turning back.
    As far as friends go, I still keep in touch with the ones I care about. We all get together just about every weekend, but balancing school, work and friends means little sleep.
    Girlfriend got in the way big time. affected grades, work and fun. still does. Just gotta be careful about it.
    Look out for new and better opportunities, sometimes they pop out of nowhere.

19. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

I'm 24, right on the other side of where you are. Keep your willy to yourself, getting her pregnant will end it all really quick, or at least make it "eleventy-billion" times harder. Other than that, all the other advice is good too. Live a lot. Go a lot. Do a lot. You'll find what you're looking for, and somewhere along the line, you'll prolly find who you're looking for. As far a friends, ya lose some, ya keep some, ya get some more. There's always MySpace, haha.