Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beat the hell out my blazer at reiter pit this weekend

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by avgas, Oct 17, 2004.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got the blazer fixed/upgraded a couple weeks ago. the 14bff swap went pretty easy.

Went to reiter this weekend and hammered the hell out of it. I nearly rolled it where poohbair rolled his /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Then I bashed in the drivers side door that I had just replaced a few months ago against a tree. And I was supposed to be "taking it easy" too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now I just need to either weld my rear end or get a locker, still can't decide which.

Pretty fun for a last minute trip though hopefully my friend will send me the pics he took and I can post em up /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-jake

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

GOOD WORK! We need pics!
    As far as the rear end goes, just weld it... I had mine welded for a long time before I took it out, and I welded the 70 that I just put in... No worries!

3. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

yeah I'll probably just weld it, I only drive it to and from the trail and camping so hopefully that would be ok.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

We gonna see you camping again? Make sure to bring your friend Mike /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I want my 205 back now lol, j/k....how did the swap go? You were stillworkin on it last time I talked to you.

5. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Yes I hope to be out next time you guys go camping /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The 205 swap went good, that was along time ago though, before I busted the axle in may. The axle swap went REALLY easy, no problems whatsoever. I ended up not using the 14bolt I got for free from rudy the bearings were just too rusty, wouldn't even roll smooth in my hand, I picked up one in excellent shape for a sweet price from goober(way less than replacing the bearings and brakes from the other one) and it's been worked flawlessly for like 300 miles now. The 205 is doing great I just got a seal kit to take care of the leaks I just need to find the time to do it.

-jake