Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beat up Passenger door GA

Discussion in 'Free | Trade | Misc.' started by Grim-Reaper, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have a door that I had planned to use to make a half door out of. I think it has a latch in it but other wise naked. $10 and pick it up. Not going to try to ship this.

2. personaltrainer

personaltrainer 1/2 ton status

hey man. I need a door. How beat up is it? I'm trying to do a resto on my rig and need a fairly decent one. $10 sounds pretty sweet though - rust?

personaltrainerdd@yahoo.com would be the quickest way to get me. I'm also in ATL. so I'll come have a look if you think i'd be interested. Thanks man.

3. Grim-Reaper

No rust but its full of bondo.

Define resto?

Rattle can paint job it might be fine your paying for a paint job...its too beat up. Its looks of if your not on top of it.

4. personaltrainer

personaltrainer 1/2 ton status

"Resto" - nothing hard core. Probley gonna spend about $1500 on the paintjob and the bodywork (including new door and tailgate) I was hoping to get a door that was in good shape and would require little to no body work. Should I keep looking? Thanks man.

I'm gonna hit the junkyard today looking for other stuff so i'll see if i can find a decent door for a reasonable price, although it doesn't get too much more reasonable than $10!

Where are you loocated?
    Thanks.

5. Grim-Reaper

This does has about a 1/4 inch coat of bondo on it through the middel from being against a tree when it was on a buddies truck.

I'm near Marietta. Check Cagle in Cartersville. They had plenty of doors at one time. usualy gets $65 each loaded with window still in it.

6. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

if its just the shell of the door he can just order a new doorskin and be done