Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beautiful country up there!

Discussion in 'North Region' started by jms, Mar 11, 2004.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I just had the chance to spend a few days in Banff. Between an excellent conference and some skiing, there wasn't any time for CK5-related activities, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed it. Phantastic scenery, great mountains, wish I had the truck with me and some more time! Bow Valley looks like a terrific place to live as long as you're not snowed in!

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You're kidding!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Canmore is 15 minutes east of Banff. If you flew into Calgary and drove to Banff then you passed right through the centre of Canmore. Heck, you got within about 200 ft. of my house!!! You shoud have called me- I can be in Banff in 10 minutes if I hurry./forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm glad you liked the Bow Valley. We're pretty proud of it..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Sorry, my bad, I didn't realize it was THAT Canmore until I rode through on the bus, somehow I thought you were in located in BC.

Time's always short on these ski-meetings, sessions start at 8, afternoon we try to get in some time on the slopes, and then the sessions go into the late evening, there's not even much time for dinner. And since I have a deadline coming up, I even had to cut short my stay.

However, I find that as I'm getting older, I'm getting more and more into powder/tree/chute/bowl/off-trail skiing, and less interested in groomed slopes. Although at times we couldn't see anything due to whiteout conditions, the snow and the terrain were great at Sunshine and Lake Louise. So I'm having a feeling that this might not have been my last time in Bow Valley.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, I have mentioned my rec property in BC more than once- maybe that's where the BC thing got stuck in your head.

SO now that we have that cleared up, be advised- next time you pass through you have no excuse, brother...... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif