Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Become a Member page – sell it, baby!

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by 77Jimmy, Sep 17, 2002.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve.

I’ve been a member for less than a month and I absolutely love this site. Only word for it is AWESOME. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I have learned more about my Jimmy and cars and how they work in general in a month than I have my entire life. It took me a couple of months to finally decide to become a member, and my main reason for joining was to become a member of a group that shared similar interests, ie their K5. Also, I knew that I would need a ton more information from the members in the future as I made modifications to my rig, so I thought that by having my name appear in orange would make it more likely that I would get feedback on my posts from the real experts here at CK5. (Thanks to all that have helped me!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

Anyway, the point I want to make is that while deciding whether or not to become a member, I didn’t know about all the web site functionality that I would receive when I did become a member – new post and reply tracking, saving favorite threads, access to members-only forums (For Sale, Wanted), space allocation in the Member Galleries to name a few. Well, I guess I knew about a few come to think of it but I think these are good selling points that might be good to put on the Become a Member page. Could help convert some folks to members.

That’s my $0.02. Sorry for the long-winded feedback. Thanks for the great site! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: Become a Member page – sell it, baby!

im next to join if i can find the mailing addy... hmm.. sinc i finally found a 4x4 that i could get my hands on, i might as wlel join the club also, heh :P