Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Becomming a real club. I fixed the poll

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I know that this was discussed before, but I wasn't there for that discussion. I personally would like to see our group become a real club with membership in the Arizona State Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs.

http://www.asa4wdc.org/

By being a member club we would be supporting our freedom to wheel in Arizona. The bigger asa4wdc is the louder our voice becomes when it comes to keeping trails open for our enjoyment.

We don't have to be too formal about it. If no one want's to have the job of president or treasurer I would be happy to volunteer to take care of the necessary tasks. I don't think we would need to have monthly meetings or elections.

Doing this would allow us to pay for the forum if Steve decides to start charging for it. I would also like to have club stickers, and maybe t-shirts.

We can keep it very informal, and simple. Any input is welcome.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1024808507Greenblazer-AZ">

Arizona Trail Blazers Club
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Become a real club with membership in The Arizona State Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, With limited organization.
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Become a real club with above, and with elected officers and meetings.
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />No club, risk loosing this forum.
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

As far as dues are concerened we could make them based on necessity. For example the cost of the forum divide by members and everybody chip in that amount. This could eliminate the need for a club bank account.

We could make our decisions by voting on this forum so we wouldn't need to have meetings.

Who's with me?

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Hey guys glad too see 40 some people have looked at this post and only 7 of us have repied.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, you beat me to it Damon. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I've actually started to reply on here several times and changed my mind. Getting too long winded covering my thoughts. Oh, and several of those 40 "views" were me coming in here and starting to reply but canceling out. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Just to keep it brief, I'm all for the idea of joining AZ4WDA or otherwise supporting our sport. However, I'm very reluctant to get involved with an official "club". In my experience they always wind up with political factions and eventually wind up with "clicks" running things. Next up (after these groups gain control) are rules designed to limit (or at least focus on) club participation to whatever is deemed desirable by the clicks in control. This happens again and again, often with factions splitting off to make their own clubs…

So, I’ve got feelings both ways. There are advantages, and there are HUGE pitfalls to creating an official club (not the least of which is liability issues for club events if someone gets hurt). As a result, I have not voted. If I voted representative of my feelings, I would have to vote both for and against so, not much point. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW, Steve just posted that the “local” forums would be unaffected so creating a club to keep the forum is a moot point.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Yep I looked at, Had to think about it for a couple days. You only to get to vote once.

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Liability issues might be enough to keep it from happening unless there is a way around them. The ideas that I have for this club are to keep it very informal. Our bylaws could be very specific in limiting the pollitical BS.

There are six votes for becomming a real club with limited organization, and four against, but I only know about my vote. Who else is interested? Who's not? The poll doesn't say who voted on what. We will need to know in order to start thinking about this seriously.

I'm willing to do some work on this club, but if no one is going to step up and be counted then I would be wasting my time. It is apparent that no one wants something pollitical with a bunch of rules. I know that some of you would not wan't to be saddled with responsibilities, like being an officer of the club. I don't think we need that kind of club.

Let's have some responses. Answer these questions:

1. Would you join?
    2. Would you be interested in club stickers?
    3. Would you be interested in club T-Shirts?

I'm open to all ideas and suggestions. Even those that might say why this shouldn't happen are welcome to say why they think that way.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

I'm ok with things the way they are now, very informal. We get together and wheel, meet each other through this site and at the trails. Good enough for me. My .02