Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bed floor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigDave, Jun 13, 2000.

1. BigDave

BigDave Newbie

Well, I finally pull up the mat and carpet...wow what a rusty mess! The question is, is the bed floor replaceable? It looks like it just bolts in front and back with a seal all the way around.

2. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

3. Topher

Topher Registered Member

Yes! Like BlazerBoy said JCWhitney sells the whole shebang; check out http://www.jcwhitney.com:80/product.jhtml?CATID=74837

Basically, you got the front bed floor section for $74.95, the left rear bed section for $74.95, the right rear bed section for $74.95, and then the rear tail pan for $129.95 (yikes!). Put it all together and you got yourself a brand new rear floorboard! [​IMG]

I was just looking at this myself as I also just pulled up all the carpet...and tossed that smelly dirty rotten 'thang. My rust has gotten considerably worse since the last time I pulled the carpet up to run some custom wiring, about 5 years ago. So I'm gonna leave out the carpet this time and save up to replace it and Rhino-line like many others are doing.

Chris S.
    '85 & '78

4. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

The dealer sells the whole bed for around $550. Alot pricey but well worth it. My bed was rotted by the tailgate about 8 inches back in a couple of spots. Repair panels would of worked but for how long till they go. Now I don't have to worry about my bed. It like new now. I am glad that I spent that money. There is also a place in CT that sells parts for K5's. You could almost make another truck with the parts they sell. Let me know and I'll get you the address and phone #. Their catolog is around $5. Their bed panel is a little cheaper but the same as the dealer.

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I tried to get a rear floor pan from the dealer last month and they told me that it had been discontinued and no dealerships in the country had any in stock. Aftermarket is the only way to go now.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy