Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bed lining instead of painting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jester, Aug 3, 2004.

1. jester

jester Registered Member

I have been thinking of painting my Jimmy and I was planning on just using single stage enamel (spelling?) and then a friend of mine gave me the idea of bed lining the outside. Has anyone done this, if so pics? I don't think it would look too bad and it would be scratch resistant when out trail riding? Any info on the idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

2. chrisp70

chrisp70 Newbie

On the outside try to find a really smooth texture. Dirt gets in the texture and is harder to get out. Unless you don't wash your rig like me.
    One of my club members has a K5 and full body with the hard top all done in rhino liner. After a mud run he spends more time just cleaning the body than anybody. His is all black and hot. I have thought about spraying the top of my hard top with white just were I throw junk. To reduce the interior temps and add some slip protection. I have been known to stand up there when my seats are under water.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I did it to my rig. No problems keeping it clean - I use a long handled stiff brush and it works fine.

[​IMG]

A close-up:

[​IMG]

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

If I was you I would rather have my interior bedlined and then do a cheapo rattlecan job on the outside in a color that is easy to do touch up on, like white, khaki or flat black. I recently had my interior bedlined and I really like it, looks very nice, no more stinky carpet and cleaning is easy.