Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bed size for a burb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freeflow, Feb 24, 2006.

1. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

Well im starting to cut the rear of the burban and making it a truck bed.

Now if i just cut if off behind the rear doors it would be like a 5 and a half foot bed.

I would like to make it a 6 foot bed- by just adding like a half of foot of bed, that would be pretty easy. But i would also have tomake the frame a lil longer and that would be a lil tougher but i think i could do. And then flipping the rear 56" springs around so it would move the axle back a few inches- and i know i would have to move the gas tank back but if i make the frame longer that would give me the room i need to do that to.

And im gonna either build or mod the tailgate to fit behind the rear seats so i would have the rear sliding window right there i think that would be pretty darn nice.

Here is what i would like mine to look like.

Attached Files:

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

umm nice departer angle on that bruck. why not find a crew cab instead of making a burb a$$ bigger?
    Maybe cut about mid wheelwell and attach the rest of the bed, so the back half of the cab still has support.

3. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

If i could find a crew cab for cheap i would go for it, but there isnt many good older trucks around here under like $3000.

And this will be some good practice for me with sheetmetal work.:D

brad

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

BRUCK, I like:haha:

5. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

same idea

i thought about doing something like what your in the process of doing. i was gonna cut the top off:hack: , bobb the bed on it by atleast 2-3 feet, build a rollcage:weld: , and run a soft top. but instead i found a 72 blazer to play with.:saweet:

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

That's a long bed and it looks like they cut about a 1' to a 1-1/2' of the front. You sould end up with about a 6-1/2' to 7' of bed. Looks cool....