Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bedliner in the cab

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Calclips, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    How much does it cost to have the entire interior of a K5 sprayed with spray-in bedliner. Can I do this job myself, I'm sure it'd be cheaper if I did.

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

line-x will run ya about $500-$600 for the hole tub /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . it maybe spendy but it's the best around /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Herculiner would be the best do-it-yourself roll on liner you can buy. Last I heard it runs about $100/gal and would take a couple gallons to do your interior. I know there is one guy on the Oregon Bushhackers mailing list that did that to his K5... Maybe he is on here too.

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    What if I just sprayed in a bunch of rubberized undercoating? I'm just looking for a cheap way to not have to have carpet... How much is one of those rubber carpet thingys?

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

u can get herc on sale sometimes at 60-70 a gallon, VERY good deal. Check my webshots, I have my whole tub done...

J

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

The rubberized undercoating never really gets hard so it would be getting peeled up everytime you get in. I did the roll on liner in my K10 and it looks great.

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Do it yourself its easy just don't paint yourself in a corner that you can't get out! LOL! It will only take a couple of hours.
    Bill C

8. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I used the spray-on stuff from Morton. I think it was $120 for a kit with four cans plus activator. It took me about seven cans to do the entire Blazer. I did the tailgate, sides, floors, and on top of the rocker panels. You just screw on the can of liner with the activator mixed onto an undercoating gun and set for 80 psi and go to town. I think it would be quicker and cleaner looking then rolling on a liner. But, this stuff is expensive, and you have to do alot of masking to keep the overspray down. (It comes in TONS of colors too). Herculiner would probably be best for you I'd say.

9. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I've got herc in my tub. Did the whole thing with a gallon and part of a quart can. Ran me about $130 for the entire tub. The only thing I had to buy separate was a can of acetone. Took me a couple of afternoons to do and it looks pretty good, even did my pedals, its been in there for about 4 months and shown no signs of wear.