Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bedliner on fenders?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 2, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I have put bedliner on my rocker panels and it looks good. I was just wondering if anyone has put Bed liner on thier fenders and made it look good, any pictures?

I think I might try that becuase I have gobs of rust on my fenders, maybe i should just cut them!? who knows...

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm developing rust over my fenders as well. Very small amount as of right now - but it can only get worse. I was thinking about putting maybe a 2" width of Herculiner on the fenders (I have it on my rockers already), but then I thought against it. It's not going to do much as far as I'm concerned. The Herculiner on my rockers didn't stop the rust - I've got a few spots where rust developed and you can tell through the Herculiner. I think I'll just fix the rust spots I have with bondo and paint, and if it get's too bad, I'll bring out a cutting device. We'll see. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah well, i punched out the rust and grinded the rest off with my wire wheel, im thining of putting a coat of krylon (rust proof stuff) and then 2 coats of bedliner in the rockers, i havent finsihed the bottom part yet. and i was thinking of doing the same for the fenders if i want to get rid of the rust on them, maybe ill jsut leave em the way they are and cut them later and weld on a fender lip