Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bedliner q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by waterboy, Oct 9, 2000.

1. waterboy

waterboy Registered Member

when cleaning up truck how did you guys eliminate rust and did you line srcbb with chemicals. is bedliner colder in winter than carpet and if so how much thanks a lot

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

To clean up the rust I sandblasted the whole thing. Then I treated the metal and put down two coats of Corroless. After that cured I scuffed up the Corroless and put down three coats of the Duplicolor bedliner. You can skip the sand blasting if you knock off all the scale rust and loose paint then wipe down everything with Xylene or acetone (use in well ventilated area). Then put down a couple of coats of POR-15 or Corroless. After they've had time to cure properly then scuff them up to put on the bedliner. I put carpet back over this. Carpet will keep it warmer than bedliner. Good luck.

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

the inside of my blazer is line-xed with no carpet and it is nice and warm once it heats up. I took the rust a loose paint off with a wire brash on my grinder

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I removed the bad rust with a wire wheel in a drill and got the corners with different size wire brushes. Then I treated the bad spots with rust converter. The spots with good paint I just scuffed with sandpaper. It was a little bit warmer with carpet and pad. I still have my carpet but I dont think I am going to put it back in this winter. I do live in GA ,though.
    Jim '80 GMC.

It's a Wheelbase thing, You're Jeep wouldn't understand!
    http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com