Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bedliner vs. Rubber mat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NcRedneckJimmy, Apr 18, 2006.

1. NcRedneckJimmy

NcRedneckJimmy Registered Member

Well, it's about time to get some new carpet for the Jimmy. I'm thinking about maybe looking at the bedliner like rhino liner or line-x. Do they charge by square foot or is there just a set price? I'm thinking it should be around like $500 to do the interior, does that sound right? Or should I just order the rubber mats from LMC and slap them in. Which would be better for the money and the long run especially if the top will be off.

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

get it bed lined! you'll thank yourself later

3. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Go with bedliner. I used $50 a gallon stuff at wal-mart and it works OK. But Rhino or Line-X would be best.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

They have set prices for standard things like pickup beds. But for the floor of a k5, they need to give you a quote. Front and rear floors, probably $500-$600. If they have to do the prep work (like remove seats, trim, etc) probably a little more.
    Well worth it though. Line-x is great! I had my whole k5 done, inside and out!

5. NcRedneckJimmy

NcRedneckJimmy Registered Member

Which is better, Line-ex or Rhino lined? Does the spray in liner insulate the cab well, as far as in sound and heat from the exhaust?