Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bedlining interior opinions needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by alf4444, Jun 4, 2003.

1. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I have the entire interior prepped for bedliner in my 78. What do you guys think would be the best brand of do it yourself stuff. Walmart has dura color for $40 a gal, kmart has herculiner for $25 a quart.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

if you have the money i would get it sprayed. I used the duplicolor, and in some places it is chipping off, it might be because it was real cold outside when i did it, and that might have caused a little condensation on the surface, i think it might work better if you do it when it is real hot outside,.... Put on 2-3 layers of the stuff.

3. bada55_tx_k5

bada55_tx_k5 Registered Member

I was thinking of pulling my interior, painting everything with some POR-15 just to be safe, then doing a rhinolining so I can just spray down the interior with a hose to clean it out. I dont know what you're going for though so this could be way off base

4. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I want to do the same thing, I have already grinded it down painted it and now it is in the process of roughing up again so the bedliner will adhere to it. I wanted to go this route for sound deadening, ease of cleaning, and looks.

This is just part of the entire project, I got it in february and started tearing ito it. I can't take it in have it sprayed because i haven't got it on the road yet, before i can get it licensed i have to get the lift on it (broken front spring, bald tires) and finish the motor (new gm crate need headers plugs wires and few other odds and ends) so that counts out having someone spray it plus i would rather do it myself

5. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

What is POR-15 and where can u get it?

6. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

por-15 is awsome stuff. here is a link to their web page http://www.por15.com/

P.S. wear gloves, it will not come off your skin

7. bada55_tx_k5

bada55_tx_k5 Registered Member

I believe if you type in ColoradoK5 as your referal, you get 10% off all POR-15 products... Might wanna check into it though as I'm still new to the whole /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif thing

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i have the duplicolor stuff on the drivers side of the floor in my k10, its held up pretty well so far (couple of weeks), and i plan to do the whole floor in it eventually...

9. por15-texas

por15-texas Registered Member

The Discounts are from Por-Texas Not the Main POR-15 site. And yes you have to have the code,but If I read it right to use the code you have to be a MEMBER of this site. Not everyone gets to use the code. We POR-15 of Texas offer this discount as a service to this websites members.

Dave
    Owner

10. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

If you have the money, I would sujust going with line-x. I'm having my suburban done when I return to the states. Its far superior to rhino or the do it yourself roll ons. Thats my opinon. If you can't decide, try to get some samples of the different brands and compare them. Might be helpful if your boarderline.

11. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

http://www.futuracoatings.com/truckbed/main.html

I just found that link today. Part of the site isn't working (and sends you to a cow milking site /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) but that seems to be the stuff you want. It is a 2 part pre-mix stuff that you can roll or spray on (with a hopper like they use to do texture coatings on houses).

I'm going to call them sometime and try and get some of the stuff to do my s-10 by k5 and my dads ranger. I might even do some buddies trucks if they want? I don't think it would be too much $$$ to buy a hopper and the materials...the hard part is finding someone to sell you the materials without becoming a distributer /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I have the entire interior prepped for bedliner in my 78. What do you guys think would be the best brand of do it yourself stuff. Walmart has dura color for $40 a gal, kmart has herculiner for $25 a quart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had herculiner from firewall to tailgate for over 2 years now, and I really like it. Assuming you prep the surface right, the stuff works great. The only time i have ever got it to peel was when i had my np205 sitting in it without any padding or anything under it... vibration+heavy iron case = rubbed to bare metal... but thats to be expected.

overall the stuff is great. The only problem with it (for some peeps) is that it isnt too good at sound deadening. Dont matter to me, I like a noisy rig... but for peeps that like their interior cadilac-pimp-car quiet, Rhino liner or Line-X would be the way to go (if u have the $$$$$$$).

j