Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bedlining the cap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Sep 1, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

can it be done? what would need to be done for prep work....i tried painting it, came out good, but now that its drying, i`m seeing all the roller marks and the like, and the bedliner went on pretty easy.....so...

2. NEK5

ttt

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Well I contacted The Durabak Company http://www.durabakbedliner.com/ out of Aurora, Colorado and they sent me samples of the colors I was interested in. White smooth for top and smooth black for lower area of truck. they have 10 smooth colors and 15 of the regular type.

Durabak™ is excellent for "coating" the complete exterior of your off-road truck, jeep, or any 4 wheel vehicle. It's tough polyurethane finish will protect your 4X4 against branches, rocks, water or almost anything else that you will encounter while off-roading.
    Don't spend your hard earned money on coating jobs that get scratched up after just one weekend off-roading trip... apply Durabak™ polyurethane coating and see for yourself how well your vehicle will hold up in harsh conditions!

Durabak™ is available in 15 colors so your truck or jeep will look great before and after your trip. Durabak™ is also great for jeep tubs, truck cabs just about any interior. Forget about carpeting mold and hard to clean interiors. With Durabak inside just hose it out and your done. Don't worry about rust either, Durabak's polyurethane membrane bonds so tightly that it will protect your truck's interior from almost anything!

4. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Durabak is what I'm going with.I've checked out a few others,but they're "claim to fame" UV protection and easy application sold me.

5. NEK5

what should be done for prep work?

6. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you would of used the link it answered all your questions. but go here http://www.durabakbedliner.com/faq.htm "not being a grass pole"

And if you can't do that here is from their web site:
    What surface preparation is required?
    All surfaces must be clean, dry and rough. For specific surface preparation Consult your product manual or a Durabak™ representative

The guy I talked with said "for a fiberglass to on your truck make sure it is good and clean and since it has the little bumps it would be fine".

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

check your pm's..... :D

8. NEK5

:D :D :D thanks again brotha!