Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bedrug for Blazers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hi I found a product called Bedrug and the brain kicked in. This seems more family and occupant friendly for DD.

[​IMG]

BedRug by Wise Industries is the ultimate in truck bed protection. Finally an ALL-PLASTIC liner that maximizes the use of your pickup! BedRug beats hard liners and spray-on liners for hardworking performance.

BedRug's lifestyle performance bed liner redefines the way you use your truck. One day concrete blocks... the next precious antiques. BedRug handles it all.

This tough but gentle bed liner featuring non-skid, cushioning properties is offered through dealers at the time of purchase or through your local auto parts store.

Here is a link to acid test http://www.bedrug.com/experience/movie-acid.php

Here is a great informative movie of it. http://www.bedrug.com/experience/movie.php

I have contacted the manufacturer of it and they will look into a discounted price for us if we have enough interest in it.
    I am planing to put it down in mine by getting the short bed kit and leaving tailgate piece off. Would anyone else be interested it this?

2. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

It never showed a close up pic of it.:(

3. Metrodps

It looks like the factory carpet in trunks of GM cars. Here are pictures of the sample I picked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a friend who just got that put in his new Toyota. I haven't seen it yet, but he said that he is extremely happy with it.

5. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

i had one of these in my old 95 silverado and it was great. would love to get one for the blazer.

6. DSRTDOG

DSRTDOG Registered Member

????? do they make a front and rear pre cut for blazer???? iv seen it at a linexx place vary nice but the employyy:mad: had no brains...

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Would love to have it for the back of the blazer behind the back seat. Carpet is getting really bad back there.

8. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Some in-focus pics would be nice. Im thinking of either just using Herculiner or some ruberized undercoating from under beck seat to the tailgate. Maybe front seat area too so I wont have to worry about cleaning carpet after playing in mud, snow, or going to lake. Then replace those vinyl covered cardboard side panels with some sheets of steel or aluminum.
    I might consider it if I could get it form same cost or less than a Herculiner type product. My concern is how does it attach so as to not allow moisture between the floor and the liner and cause rust?

9. Metrodps

I did the best I could with camera. Did you go to their web site? It shows you can just hose it off.

Its non-skid polypropylene fiber surface, bonded to a molded closed-cell polypropylene foam bottom. The BedRug® premium truck bed protection system provides complete scratch, dent and rust protection from the truck bed while cushioning and protecting sensitive cargo.

“This is where the bedliner of the past has let truck owners down,” said Ron Wise, president of Wise Industries, developer and manufacturer of the BedRug® premium bed protection system. “They expect their bed protectors to prevent scratches and dents when they’re moving heavy and bulky items like building materials or gravel, but they also need liners that can safeguard and protect sensitive items they carry as part of their home and leisure time activities.”
    The BedRug is now available directly to consumers through car dealers and DIY/DIFM stores throughout North America. The BedRug is available for nearly every pickup truck make and model.

Which Bedliner is Right For You?

Bedliners should be evaluated on how they protect the truck bed, how well they manage and protect cargo, and how much value they return to the owner. Although each bedliner type has certain advantages, most also have significant negatives compared to the BedRug system. Some are functional but can adversely affect the condition of the vehicle at the time it is sold or traded in. The BedRug system’s strong points over drop-in and spray-on liners include:

Timeless good looks for the life of the product, thanks to its fade-resistant materials.

Protection for the truck bed that lasts a lifetime due to its tough, cut- and tear-resistant woven polypropylene structure. The BedRug bed protector won’t chip or crack, either.

Gentle – not hard, like plastic drop-in liners or spray-ons. BedRug offers soft, non-skid
    protection for furniture, sports and camping gear, coolers, pet cages and other sensitive cargo.

No-risk trial for truck owners with its 30-day money-back guarantee.

Replacement protection with BedRug’s limited lifetime warranty should the BedRug bed
    protector develop a manufacturing defect.

10. trailblazr81

Ya I know some cameras suck up close. I saw the hosing off, but you can hose off a plastic liner too. Ive seen plastic liners with rusted out beds underneath, and Ive seen rust go through roll on liners, and Ive chipped off spray on liners. I would like to talk to some people who have had this for a few years and see wht their results are. It might be fine and dandy for a couple years, or it worked great for people who use their trucks like most people, but it was crap for the few who actually use and abuse their truck beds. I dont want to knock it, I just want an unbiased opinion from some people who have put it through the ringer. I could always apply a spray/roll on liner then through on some astro-turf!!! :doah: :haha:

11. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

sounds really nice, a full carpet replacement would be worth the money. i would buy it.

12. Metrodps

What I liked about it is for a blazer with a top on her it gives it two advantages:
    1.) It is a foam type backing (kinda like in parts boxes) that is shaped like the ribs in the bed floor. The material is thick so it would give padding for your knees and allow you to also sleep in the bed.

2.) It would give you some sound deadening and also insulation of the truck.

13. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Yeah, some comments on how it looks after a couple of years would be good. I'd also be concerned with water getting underneath it. Sure it may not pass through the liner but if you get water underneath it I'm thinking it will be just like the plastic liners and hold it in.

The installation PDF says it comes in 3 pieces and you "zip" them together. A zipper:confused: Water?:confused::rolleyes:

Still interested in as an option though. Any ideas on cost? Does it come in colors?

14. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

mine in my silverado had plastic type zippers. I used the truck for everything from hauling fiberglass insulation to greasy motors. After 5 years of use and abuse it did not fade much at all. And seemed to be like new. Also it don't remember ever getting water under the bedrug. And i did spray it down and cleaned when needed with no problems.

Oh and if i remember correctly i paid 500 for it. Would do it again if they made one was for a fullsize blazer application.

15. Metrodps

As far as I know only the grey/black color and a short bed Chevy sells for $300.00 on average. I was thinking we could get them cheaper since we do not need the front header piece I don't plan on using the tail gate one either.

As I said this is to see if enough interest to try to get a discount from them for us.

16. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

I like the idea, I have seen them used in the back of pickup beds, and really liked them, I would be interested in one to fit the floor in the rear cargo area of my '78 Suburban. Let me know.

17. trailblazr81

I dont know if its the same brand but theres one in Summit and they start at around $400. Thats just a little bit more than Im willing to spend. Maybe Im just cheap but seeing as how I can roll on a bed liner for about 100 bones, I probly wont be getting one. Of course the bedliner in my 73 K20 is some plywood with undercoating sprayed on it. :doah: :haha:

18. Metrodps

Summit is high on a lot of things. You live in the home of the biker revolution where the angels roam and bad boys were created by the media. So a bedrug would be too cushy for you any way they would call you a girly man.
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

19. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

i think it sounds like it would be worth it

20. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Ok, I've got positive interest. Leaves me with a few things to figure out but I'm definately interested to see more. I'll keep eyes on this thread.