Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Been A Long Time Coming...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NorthWestFab, May 20, 2005.

1. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

You might not think looking at a finished set...but triple stick shifters for a 203/205 combo took a long time! - Biggest problem we ran into was getting the whole unit nice and stiff - before we installed the brace, shifting the far 205 rail would cause the whole assembly to lossen, now she's nice and stiff.

I'm going to make a kit for all combinations, in all clocked positions (203 vertical, flipped etc). Now that we have everything finalized it shouldn't be long to get these rockin'

[​IMG]

We used a CNC'd billet steel tab on the 205 inner shift rail. The shifters pivot on a precision ground pin, and are seperated by nylon washers. 5/16" Aurora Heims all around. We went to stover nuts on everything to make sure it would stay tight.
    I'll post final specs prices etc on the site when we're ready. Mostly wanted to start the thread to get some shots of what is possible for those who have the tools.

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

nice work...

3. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

me first please! :D

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

kick'in a$$. Might have to grab one of them when I come up and get my doubler. :grin:

j