Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

been a LONG while since an update... **PICS**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Seventy4Blazer, May 31, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ok folks, its been a LONG while for an update... SOOOO.. here it is...

I got back from iraq, Chunk got 42's a doubler and some other parts like a HAD disk brake kit. i just need to get to installing it all now. this weekend i pulled the trailer out of storage in yuma AZ and brought it here on Camp Pendleton. i was on the waiting list and it took a bit. soooo... here is the pic of Chunk on the trailer with Storm, my dodge, pulling around. after my trip from yuma i noticed the couple had slipped down a bit so in this picture the trailer was sitting front low. well, its level now... i also didnt have any air in the air bags this time, just to see how it would do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What ya think?

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

That is a sweet ass setup there! Give more specs on the blazer plz.

3. Seventy4Blazer

74 blazer, cut the glass top for a half top,

D60, 4.10 open for now, might be re-gearing and going to a detroit, not sure yet.. maybe just a detroit..

14 bolt, same thing, but i want a spool...

springer suspension in the rear. i think the is the only springer suspension setup with ZERO miles on it... he he... i need to get this thing running...

4(i think) inch springs up front, unknown brand, 1 inch zero rate moving the axle FWD 1.5 inches. the front is shimmed 4* with tapered spring plates 2 inch longer shackle.

steering box brace and shock kit from Howlin offroad.

cutting brakes in the rear and disks all the way around with a HAD E-brake as soon as i put it together and in.

drivetrain... engine.. yeah, some day it will have one.... soem day. preferably a Cummins ISB... :D

SM465, doubler for hard parts.

with the divorce, selling the house, moving into the barracks, iraq... i can go on an on.. its ben a pain with moving around, but i will never get rid of it. almost did twice and decided i never will now. as of now i need a fuel system, interior, roll cage and plumb the brakes. i can get a running motor CHEAP, (read free) then i can rebuild the 350 in it. when it goes in for the cage the front end will get removed and caged in as well. no need for fenders. once thats done i will have a lot less to do and will be able to finish the brake line routing, along with the interior. im going to get some seats here soon i think. bit by bit, part by part....

the box has my "shop" in it. makes it NICE.
    Grant

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

need to get somthing on the frt of the big box to help cut down air drag. but sweet setups. :cool1:

5. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, im working on that one actualy. im getting some rod ends from work and will make a frame with rod ends/heim joints and then panel it up with aluminum, also from work.... once thats done i should be going from 12 MPG towing to 14ish... i hope... maybe... :D

it tows like a dream to be honest. a lil slower than some up the hills, but i weigh in at 26k... so yeah. once the warranty is out ont he dodge twins will be in order. i have a while for thta though. the blazer HAS to be done before i do anything to the dodge... well.. kinda.... :confused:
    Grant

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

that is baddest tow setup i've seen... props to you.. :D

7. Seventy4Blazer

thanks, i think rob had me beat with the Goose he is selling right now, BUT i will be adding a generator/AC unit to the storage box and a bed along with a refridgerator. i bought the trailer big enough to fit my buddies burban on it with the blazer. i have to remove the box to do so, but some day he will step up with his own tow rig... HINT HINT BRIAN!!.. he he, sorry... the woman i am dating has an 86 sami on yota drive train that she built and it will fit in front of the blazer with the box on. the blazer is big enough to drive up with the ramps in the up position so if she and i continue on the path we are going... we are set.

she built the rig hersel and is all about budget stupp like having a shop being a living space... she is to good to me.... matter of fact, ill post a pic of her rig now...
    this is "Stomper" its the Back, and the gate is open... but its what i got for now....
    [​IMG]
    a Side shot... well, she is moving to AZ and her co-workers give her a hard time when she parks Stomper in the bays with te fire trucks... so they made it a fire truck... :D Sarah is a Basic EMT working on her aramedic and fire sceince degree. she will be finishing up in AZ and then staying there. hence the medic stuff and crazy stuff on her rig.
    [​IMG]
    Grant

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Nice setup. What is the box from? Looks like a quarter of a semi trailer.

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

very cool.. :D

you've got some awesome space available... you should be able to set that box up badazz... with kids it wouldn't be great prolly, but for 2 adults it would be good... i would think a front wind spoiler will help greatly...

my girl digs the truck big time and can't wait till its 1 ton, etc... tho she was highly annoyed when i blew off helping paint her condo this weekend while i did bodylift and bushings.. :doah: :eek1: :shame: :whistle: :rotfl:

10. Seventy4Blazer

its a 20 foot shipping container cut down to 10 foot. weather tight and all. im going to insulate it and build in a hanging bed in the front. fridge under it and storage bins on both doors. should come out nice... ill use low flamability products and add to the existing vents. climate controll is nice.
    Grant

11. Seventy4Blazer

im going to put a wing on the truck and point the front of the box. should help out big time. the dodge is going dually soon as well. my tires are overloaded with weight transfer on the hills and braking. with the exhaust brake and brake smart (all 3 axles on the trailer are braking) it stops NICE!!

as for kids... she and i have never wanted any. before we met we had that idea in our heads. :thumb: :saweet: kids are great... but they slow ya down and we both have large plans in life.
    Grant

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

looks good, but i'v seen it. would have looked better with a two tone burb on there,lol

13. Seventy4Blazer

ah, shadup.. i STILL wanna buy that thing... or do you still have it?
    grant

14. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

That's a nice set up...

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

do you have pics where your cutting brakes are?

16. Seventy4Blazer

thats one of the many things i have to wait on for the cage to be done. i will be putting them in the center just behind the other shifters.... i say other shifters becuase here is the list....

SM465 1
    Doubler 3
    Cutting Brakes 2
    and e- Brake 1

yeah, so it will be a bit busy. along with all the gauges and switches on the dash... ill have a hand full.
    that will be down th eroad a bit, but i definataly will post pics as it comes along.
    Grant

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Alright thanks Grant.
    I'll be waiting for the pics ;)

18. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

still have it

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[​IMG]

For some reason, I REALLY like how you painted your frame orange! Is it spray paint or power coat?
    Giving me ideas! :confused:

20. Seventy4Blazer

he he, thats free Search and Rescue orange i got from work a few years back. had a bunch of cans over shelf life and instead of having the govt. pay disposal fees i used them and brought the empty cans back. i painted over everything, rust, dirt, rusty dirt and grime. no prep work whatsoever...

but it does look alright, even in person. :D
    Grant