Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

beer banners, neons, the usual college stuff??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XHitman396, Jul 4, 2006.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

so me and two of my best friends just got a house in Stillwater (Oklahoma State University), and came to the realization that we are in desperate need of decor. Being the average college students, we like cool stuff, like alcohol related banners/signs etc, or just unique knick-knacks (sp?), and anything else that you may think to be interesting, and i figured i'd give you guys a shot; any ideas?? a neon sign of some sort would be awesome; anyone know where you can buy those for cheap?? so anybody got anything like described laying around gathering dust, or know where to get them?? i was thinking of just going around to liquor stores and asking.. thanks...

2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

this is ck5 we build our own things...buy some neons and duct tape them suckers together

3. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

E-Bay is the best place I've found.

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Everything on our walls is home made, found on the side of the road, or bought at a thrift store.

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Here's how my house is decorated, some items would obviously not be appropriate for you but just for some ideas. As far as beer signs go, my roommate freshman year worked at a sammich shop and they always gave him the signs they didnt hang up in the store so you might need a hookup to get them. Neon signs are hella expensive and tend to get broken during really good parties. If you have to ask where to get street signs you probably have no business in the lounge.

decor 001.jpg

decor 002.jpg

decor 004.jpg

decor 005.jpg

decor 006.jpg

6. XHitman396

that texas outline in beer cases is awesome.. props for that, the ideas are churning.. yeah there are some things that need a hookup, and what better place to start than a brotherhood of thousands?? here at OSU, its a dry campus (i know, i know), but the beer companies still give out awesome stuff all the time to the frat houses (one guy got one of those lights that go over pool tables from Bud Light), but they arent allowed to keep it. i was hoping someone here was in the same situation.. thanks for the ideas, keep 'em coming..

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i lived on a dry campus... there was more beer there than water.

8. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

street signs are free arent they :whistle: :crazy::p:

9. XHitman396

OSU was a Playboy top 10 party school before it went dry campus (so im told), and the legacy remains, but no alchohol on fraternity or sorority property, or they get shut-down.. and yes, last time i checked, the going rate for street signs is $0.00 :rolleyes: