Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

before pics of the blazer.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by earl87gta, Dec 13, 2003.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

nice, so what does it look like now? Nice color /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

it has a 68 front end on it and a 14bolt in the rear and no front axle under it made room for the D60. Kept the orange. Just getting all new paint and I bought a set of recentered hummer wheels. The best top is coming off and as soon as the welding to the new cage is done it will get a custom sfot top made for it. I havent made up my mind on the bumpers yet Im thinking abought doing away with the body lift so the origanal bummers will be in the right place or Im going to cut the front of the frame off so that the end will not be in the way and move the bummpers up to match the body lift. Or make a set of cutom bummpers. I just cant make my mind up.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

What is the fuel door off of?
    Truck looks nice! I think ditching the body-lift would be a good way to go (or raising the bumpers but that is too much work and it doesn't look like you need the clearance)...than get some fog lights and put them in the blinker holes of the 72 bumper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I always liked the older front end better. Blinkers belong in the grill not the bumper!

5. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I dont need the room now for the 36s but I would like to go up to a 38 or 40 in tire. I thought abought the 46in claws but I just dont want to cut on my body for clearence. I have redone the lift in the front I used a 6in spring with an exstended shackl and I made a new mount for the fron of the spring that lowers the spring mount 2 in. it hlept out a little with drive line angles. In the rear Im going to use a 57in spring with the ecobit kit if it ever gets here.The new lift should give me the 3in back if I do awy with the body lift. but I dont know if it will be enough for a 38 or 40 in tire. I can alway put the body lift back in if I need it later. I just like the way the origanal bummpers look and with the orange the black ones look good and with the hummer wheels thier will almost be no chrome on the truck at all.
    Earl

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

nice first gen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Thanks Guys,
    The fuel door came with the truck and I dont know what he got it off of But it took a little work to make it look good The PO wasnt a good body man but after a little reshaping it came out nice I wish I would have rewelded the old hole shut at the same time it was already done when I got it and now it is starting to crack so Im going to cut the old patch out and weld in a new one.

8. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

looking good. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have seen that truck on base it looks real famliar and I remember when I seen it then /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif nice truck!!

10. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Witch base I take it to Cherry point alot I dont make it to Lajunune as much any more Being in the reservs I was stationed at semore but I still have to vissit all the jar heads as often as I can. They were more like family to me it seems like you dont have that in the savliain life.

11. Scrubby

Scrubby 1/2 ton status

Post some pics. I have been toying with putting a 68 front end on my 72. I'm curious to see what it looks like on a blazer.

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

very sweet! some day im ganna have to get me a first gen! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif