Began project floorboards today! AHAHA RUST!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DaveBlazer, Sep 16, 2000.

1. DaveBlazer

DaveBlazer Registered Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Well I started to dig into the k5 today now that I thouht I had everything I need. Well the tailgate, tailpan and rear floor boards came out like a son of a B*tch. Lots of rusty bolts that broke and lots that wouldn't come out. Thank god my neighbor is a welder, he brought over the torch and we rented a plasma torch. The plasma torch works great! I had to torch off the body mounts. OUCH THAT HURT $119.00 for just the back 2 mounts from LMC.
    I think I'm just gonna get all new body mounts. LMC sells the hole kit for 269.00. If anyone else is cheaper and has next day air please let me know. I'm ordering them tomorrow at 9:00am. This is turning out to be a whole lot more than I was origally planning. LOTS OF RUST!! I had a huge pile under my rig when it was all said and done. But now I can rebuild her! uhuhu! I took some pics of it I"ll post them someday when Steve gets more space. Its pretty scary seeing her all torn apart. Without this site I don't think I would be able to do it. I got alot of info from here and to read about other people terin' into there rigs helps!LOL.Well I'm ramblin on. Later.

<font color=yellow> 88 </font color=yellow><font color=black>K5<font color=black>