Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bein' greedy -- cab sheet metal from a '76-91

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by dremu, Jul 1, 2003.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Bein\' greedy -- cab sheet metal from a \'76-91

I'll go junkyard hopping one of these days, but just in case ... I'm in the market for the sheet metal at the back of the cab of a halfcab K5, a la 76-91. Need only be the last few inches of the cab, not the whole thing, so a truck that was rolled in front or the like would do.

Usual drill: I'm cheap and lazy, so the ideal candidate will be within a few hours drive of San Francisco and not cost much.

(Yeah, K5NUTT, I know you've got a couple, but you're not close ... if we do pull off the Chalet-in this fall, I'll bring the air cutoff if you bring the root beer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

-- A

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Re: Bein\' greedy -- cab sheet metal from a \'76-91

Lower rear part of the cab or upper?

I have this:
    [​IMG]

Closest I could get it to you for free would be Bend, OR or maybe Eugene, OR (but that isnt much closer).

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Damn. Was looking for the upper part -- basically, I wanna make my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif into a crew-cab /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

That would take one to many wizz wheels dude...the blue wrench will be the tool of choice...i'll borrow a torch set and cut it off before it goes to the boneyard for ya....coming to phx in sept. so that takes 600 miles or so of the trip...then dave could ship via forward air the rest of the way...just a thought as i need to get that hulk outa here as i gotta go pick the dollar 77 K5 up in denver soon...

DW