Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

being board continued

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, May 15, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

and i thought i'd share a one of my wheeling stories with yall. so here we go.
    my buddy just got his first vehicle and was a k5 that had 3/4 ton axles already and a bad motor for 1500. got a new motor in it and now was time to take it out. since it was his first time wheeling we thought bartlette lake would be a good place since theres some good easy trails. sometime during the trip his brakes went soft and he didn't tell us until he had to start using his Ebrake to stop. so when he finally lets us know we were to the point where it'll be faster to keep goin to get out to the road. so he comes up to one of the big hills and my buddy tells him to get out and look over to the left because there was an easier trail. but he didnt and went the same way as my buddy and ended up rollin his truck down the hill.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  2. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

the story kind of left me hanging. what happened after it rolled down the hill? flip the truck? wreck it? hit another truck?

3. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

story continued

sorry had to take off with buddy to look at truck... he also blew his wheelbearings before he rolled it so one of the front hubs wouldnt engage because the hub nut backed off and tire was goin to fall off and the other hub blew while wheeling so he had no 4wd but anyways on with the story
    luckily it landed on its wheels and it was still runnin but blew out 2 tires, lost his windshield and batt. took out radiator. he didnt have a shell on it. i was surprised how well the the cab held the wieght of the 76k5. but after replacing the 2 tires we started to drive it outta there but he kept gettin it stuck trying to get it outta there since havein no 4wd, no brakes, no windshield,no wheeling experiance and a wheel about to fall off. i talked him into lettin me drive it outta there because it was day 3. so i put it in 2low(which if he would of done he probably wouldn't of rolled it) and drove it outta there because he was just taken way to long. it was definetly an experiance driving that thing having to use an ebrake to stop and it wantin to jump off the road on every little dip or rutt. when we finally got to the pavement we had him tow my buddys truck so he could use his brakes to slow them both down(disc brakes rock with 38's). we fix the windshield frame with a highlift and a 2x4. which leads me to tell u why i decided to write this is i just got a message i could barely hear but i did hear "i lost my windshield"(from same guy) and i know he went shootin with some of his buddys so u all know what that means noobie wheeler with buddys that like to see a "good show" and not much of a recovery vehicle 90 ford explorer stock