Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

being broke(or not) is directly related to motivation level, correct ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 11, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i hope that i am not the only soul in existence who is usually very un-motivated to do a whole heck of alot when am flat broke, not just talking about the usual motivation to takeout the trash or work on a truck or what have you.

just not really "with it" on the flat broke days,

its not just me isit ?

i wonder sometimes

a couple of the past couple day's worth of examples here:

yesterday i made myself completely pull everythingoutof the entry way of the building and even sortout down to every single tiny nut and washer, yearsof junk, disaster area to the fullest extent,been needingto do foreverand stillhave a huge building that needs the same done some year.

today i made myself remove the grain bed side panels off the dump bedof the 53 6400 chevy, 12 foot by 7 foot and about 5 foot tall sides, that was fun,,, by myself.. im only 140lbs, those panels, are uhmm... hmmm, not that light for being only 12 foot long /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i love it though, i make myself do things, dangerous or not... with assistance or not, i dont even ask for any

tommorrow illmakemyself get parts/refunds mailedout of here and finally be caught up, and live my learned lessons regarding all that

ok, im done, i need sleep, i only slept three hours last night(early AM)

lets hear some examples/stories

R

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: being broke is directly related to personal motivation level, correct ?

<very unmotivated when funds are low..or when funds are not low...either way...

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

When the cash is low, so is the motivation. Not having a real place to work on my trucks makes it worse. I get to feeling like I don't ever work on them. Then when I seem them sitting out there, I fee like a slug because I haven't. Its a big cycle that I have yet to break. I know exactally what you mean about making yourself do things though. Sometimes its the only way! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Kris

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Motivation is DIRECTLY proportional to the thickness of your wallet.

Now my wallet has been thin for long time, just plastic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thus the not getting a damn thing done in time I've been off work /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ususally, when I have the money I don't have the time, and when I have the time, I don't have the money...

6. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I believe that it is. There's no good way to say it without pissing off a lot of people, but I think that being broke is related to a lack of motivation.