Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bellhousing ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stus84, Jun 1, 2005.

1. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status

1984 K5 (SM465/208) the bellhousing on the tranny now is complete & seals up everything like a basketball cut in half - the bellhousing I had shipped to me the bottom is exposed (I thaught they were all the same) - the bolt pattern looks the same - can I use this new bellhousing my old one is cracked - is there a bottom piece I need to buy for the new one? Has anyone ran into this or do I need to post some pics?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like you are missing the cover. I believe there are two different ones, a search should net the last thread that covered this.

3. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status

I found some good info however not all that I need - sounds like an inspection cover is what I dont have for the new bellhousing which the old bellhousing didnt have. Do you have any idea if it will still fit it must be from an older setup. It also sounds like this is going to be a bastard to take out and replace - i will be doing the clutch at the same time. It took me forever to get a bellhousing finaly I got one and i am missing part of it. hopefully it fits... I will try to post pics...

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Is your replacement bell cast iron ?

5. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status