Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bellhousings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ruff_ryda_420, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Ruff_ryda_420

Ruff_ryda_420 Registered Member

i'm after a bellhousing for my SM465 that has a hydraulic clutch. 85 and newer '465s are setup in this way i belive, but could i get a bellhousing from anything else, a camaro maybe?

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

The 1982 and up Camaro's have a cocked bolt pattern and a smaller index bore. Most cars used a 4-11/16 bore while the trucks usually used a 5-1/8 . It looks like you will need to use a truck bell housing .HTH , Tom

3. Ruff_ryda_420

Ruff_ryda_420 Registered Member

okay then, second question, can a bellhousing that is meant for linkages be converted to a hydraulic slave?

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I don't think so but anything is possible . The hydraulic bellhousing has a two bolt( with a hole for the slave cyl. ) mounting surface casted into it and it looks like it would be VERY difficult to duplicate that with a fabricated bracket . It might be easier to just locate an actual hyd. bell housing instead of fabricating one . HTH , Tom