Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Belt Help Please!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Jan 1, 2004.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, I need a serpentine belt for my truck 123-124" in length... Longest I can find is a 120" and the tensioner just can't do it... Anyone have a belt catalog that could help me with a part # or if one even exists???

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Did you look at the Goodyear Gatorback's? They should have something in the length you need. Also did you check and see what the length is on a Duramax truck with dual alternators. they are really long, so are the trucks with single alternators.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We went through the Gates catalog at Napa and the longest one was 120". I looked on Goodyears site and it only shows those gator ones for v-belts, not serpentine...

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    We went through the Gates catalog at Napa and the longest one was 120". I looked on Goodyears site and it only shows those gator ones for v-belts, not serpentine...

[/ QUOTE ]

They make them in serpentine, we have them on the shelf at work.

Goodyear numbers start with 40 for serpentines, all of them. The following number is the number of ribs, anywhere from 4-7 for the common ones, then the length as a four digit number. For example:

4061020 would be a 40-nothing 6-6 rib 1020-102.0" belt

So, you're probably looking for a 4061230 or so, which I don't know if that exists, I'll check it out for you if I can tomorrow while I'm at work.

EDIT:

www.beltsforanything.com seems to be able to get you a belt that long. I'll check the paper catalogs at work tomorrow and see if I can find anything, but honestly, that's REALLY long for a belt.

5. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

if you cant find one, i would give whipple industries a call, they must have longer ones made for there superchargers etc, that use the same serpintine style belts, ????? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif