Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bench front seat for 85?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jun 15, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

One of the things I love about a pickup is having my girl sit next to me. IN my 85 Jimmy, I feel like we are ten miles apart! I want to replace my front seats with some sort of bench 40/60 or 40/20/40 so my baby can be where she belongs (oops, that'll get me in trouble). I mean, where she desires! Anyway, has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend anything? I am favoring a 40/20/40 so I can still get in the back. Can I mount one of those aftermarket seats for a pickup on teh original h/w so I still get the flip forward of the passenger seat? I need y'all's help guys.

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 32X11.5 BFG ATs, 15x10 Eagles, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't do the conversion dude. Those feelings will pass as soon as you start spending big $$$ on the Blazer. Then you will need the ten miles!
    Just kidding. I would get my ass kicked if my sig. other read this.

Dave

"Visualize Whirled Peas"

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

I don't mean to sound like a square but what about seat belts. all passengers sound be wearing a three point belt. Nobody would want to do a faceplant into the windshield.

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

The driver and passenger would still use the factory three point. The center seat (where my console is now) would use a lap belt like the back seat. The center would be occupied while on-road, but never off-road.

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 32X11.5 BFG ATs, 15x10 Eagles, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers

5. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am in favor of doing this myself. The parts just havent fallen into my lap yet. I am planning on a 60/40 split bench out of fullsize extended cab before the 3 or 4 door versions. The passenger side is mounted on rails and slides forward to get in the back seat.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Thats a good idea. I hadn't thought of that yet. See, that why I use you guys! To do my thinkin' for me. Now, will y'all do the work, too?!?

7. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

okay call me a real Big square but a passenger especially a front seat passenger should alway wear a 3 point belt. Other wise your wife could do a faceplant into the dash and rip open her liver because of the lapbelt only.

8. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking about doing that also. I was thinking about doing the 40/60, but I was worried about the seat belt thing too. So I'm going to wait until I can redo the roll cage so that the three people in front have a four or five point harnesses.
    But if the cage impedes access to the back seat too much, I will probably just use a solid front bench. Might as well make it as difficult as possible for those in the back. heheh

Of course I havn't thought to much about it yet 'cause i have other things to do first.

That's because I'm the devil.

9. jsck5

jsck5 Registered Member

i knew a guy that had a bronco that had a front bench seat out of a chevy pickup. it would tilt foward enough to let people in the back. it worked great, im sure you could get that seat in with a little work.

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

What about hte p/u's the bench seat would come out of? They only have 2 3-point harnesses and the middle passenger gets a lapbelt.

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

11. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna do a 40/20/40 from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.salesco.com>http://www.salesco.com</A> in the future. They have a solid bench in there I'm gonna get for the back with a foldable middle, and then I'm gonna do the split for the front.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

12. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Ive got a bench out of a mid 70s F150.I just wish it was a split bench.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</A>