Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bench or Bucket seats.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Jan 25, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about changine out the seats in my truck to something newer maybe a bench seat with a fold down armrest /middle seat. And myabe power. So has anyone in hear down this before? If you have how hard was it to do? And can you post a picture of it?
    Thanks
    Brian /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Never done it myself, but I have owned/driven/rebuilt cars with both bench and buckets. Buckets are easier in and out and usually offer more support but benches are usually cheaper to have recovered and usually offer the opportunity to have your wife/girlfriend/partner sit closer... sometimes, much closer...

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

I just put new buckets in my truck. It is like a completely different truck. I'm going away from the stock look though. Easy install. Oh, I am in search of a rear seat if you know anyone. I love the new seats though.

4. yellowmoon

yellowmoon Registered Member

My old 72 blazer had a 60/40 bench out of a newer chevy, and I loved it. After it got ripped off, I got another 72 and it has an older style bench and yes it is nice to have the sweety snuggle up against you when you drive. No buckets for me.

5. 72BlazerTravis

72BlazerTravis Registered Member

I'm going to remove my rear seat and just ditch it I think. It's a black vinyl bench seat (have no clue if its an original seat from a '72) but it's out of there nonetheless. I figure I could use the room to store more gear.

Its not in real bad shape, just needs cleaned up. I'm desperate for new front buckets, these original seats are SHOT.