Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bench or bucket seats?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Jan 25, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about changine out the seats in my truck to something newer maybe a bench seat with a fold down armrest /middle seat. And myabe power. So has anyone in hear down this before? If you have how hard was it to do? And can you post a picture of it?
    Thanks
    Brian
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've never done it, but keep in mind that if you install a bench seat, you'll lose the flip-forward ability of the passenger seat. This will make climbing into the back seat a real hassle. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Might look for a 40/20/40 seat from an older Dodge Ram extended cab (94-97 I think) before they had the suicide doors. Seems like the back flipped way forward and it slid up? I really like the seat in my 98 Ram, but it was a “Quad Cab). In fact, I've thought several times, "If I can find one cheap, I'll put it in my buggy!" Seating for 3 if you need it, storage in the center arm rest, fairly good locational support with the side bolsters bottom and back, reclines, pretty good compromise...

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

theres my seats but they are rather pricey. like 899 for vinyl, 999 for cloth, 1099 for leather. But they are comfy as he||. Good side bolsters to keep you pinned in the seat and each seat(including center console/seat) are independently adjustable. JCWhitney was the cheapest. Some pics are in my webshots below. But theyre not power.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want to put a bench in k5. If you get a bench from an early 90s extended cab pickup it iwll slide forward no problem to get in the back

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I have a set of Kustom Fit seats I love how they fit my A$$ But really I like how they fit they have a center seat/ arm rest with cup holder and a small storage area there like the ones you find in 4WP I'll see if I can put a link for you. Drivers side

Pass side

Pass side with arm rest up Hope that helps
    Well it didn't work at first maybe this time
    Eric

7. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

i always wanted buckets till my dad explained the benefits of bench seats and girlfreinds!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

So does anyone have any pics of there 402040 conversions then?

9. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Highlander, question. Where did you get the seats? The passenger side slides or tilts for rear passengers?
    WEB site for the seats? Thanks!

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Actually Harry, I have a bench seat from a pickup and the back flips down, to get access to the space behind the seat, so you can still access the rear.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

If you have buckets how are you supposed to accidentally on purpose hit a bump and bounce that sweet honey over into your lap that WAS sitting next to you /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

12. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

My seats were in the my 83 when I got it. They don't slide forward like the OE seats but do come tilt forward and Back which is nice when you want to take a nap. They also have what I think is a lumbar lever for your lower back. I also think this is the right web site for them.

Eric