Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bench pressing transfer cases is fun.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fasthumpman, Nov 14, 2005.

1. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

hey guys i dropped my transfer case from my 80 k5 and now that Im lookin at it I am not seein and sort of identification or nothin on it. I know theres suppose to be some tag or somthin but im not seeing it. Now i heard that starting in 1980 all blazers came with the NP205 but is there a sure way to tell? All i know is it weighs alot. Well i appreciate any feed back i get.... and i can put some pictures on here if that would help. Thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

All '80 models got a slip yoke 205. They had discontinued the 203, but the 208 wasn't ready yet.

Rene

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

see i can bench 150 easily, but i couldnt get my 205 up at all! i had to get a friend help me and it was still hard! the 205 is about 150 lbs

4. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

the 208 started in 81' for most applications behind a 350-TH350. As for identification there should be a small round tag on the case.

Jesse

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

If it was a bench press, it would be easy. It's holding it with one hand while trying to start the bolts with the other that makes it hard.

6. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

it seemed like it weighed more than 150 but then again it is pretty akward to carry around. But when you say identification tag am i actually looking for tag riveted or somthing to it or engraved?? im not seein anything!

7. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

It might not have an ID tag. I have a 205 from a '70 GMC Suburban, and it doesnt have the blue New Process tag that I have seen on just about every other one, that is located on the front between the input and front output.
    However, it does have a little metal tag on the PTO cover that has some numbers on it.
    Just search for "NP205" and find pictures of one to compare it to yours. P/O may have been parts-swap happy.