Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bench Seat Conversion ...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by barryb, Oct 23, 2003.

1. barryb

barryb Registered Member

Sup Guys ...

My Friends all think im crazy , but i just bought a 90 K5 in great shape - but i want to take the blue buckets and console out and install a bench seat with a console that will flip up and allow seating for three people across the front. (kids)

What years GM seats will come the closest to bolt in and be the most desireable to take care of seatbelts ? Will the old belts work with the new seat - or do i need new belts too?

Thanks for the help.

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

my sister has a new silverado 1500 that has a bench seat with a fold down console and the belts are mounted to the seat (the actual reel for the shoulder harness is in the seat itself) Not sure on the measurements. Check out the boneyards. Custom brackets shouldn't be too difficult to manufacture.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I don't have any info to offer you but if your buckets and console are in good shape I'd be interested in them when hey come out. Keep me in mind, please. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I had a bench seat out of a Ford truck in my K5.It bolted right in .Right after I made a couple brackets and drilled a couple holes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. barryb

barryb Registered Member

its that whole just make a bracket , weld this , drill that, i have a problem with. Im kinda new at this and dont have any fabrication/ metalworking tools or know anyone that i can get to go it ..... so ... brackets and such would have to be straight hired out ....

6. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking about this too. I think I'm getting one of these console seats for $250 and calling it good. Salesco Console Seat

7. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm interested in doig the same. I am looking for a bench seat out of a early to mid 90's Chevy extended cab before they had the third door. The passenger seat slides forward enough to get someone in the back.
    I found one at a swap meet two years ago with the right color and the right price. But then my father-in-law had to get stung by a bee, he's allergic, and we spent the rest of the afternoon in the ER. The seat was goine the next day, BUT I'm NOT BITTER!

8. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I just ordered my center seat/console with the bolt in brackets - $312 delivered. I'll post up some pictures when I get it installed. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. barryb

barryb Registered Member

cool , i look forward to seeing how it comes out. i was not aware of those seat consoles ... might be my best way too ..... thanks.

10. Frogg89

Frogg89 Registered Member

I just recieved my 3 piece truck seats from salesco!! I got the 2 buckets with the console seat and they look great, they took a long time to make though!!! I paid $590 for the whole set!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif