Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bench seat in front?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Aug 13, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Anyone put a bench seat in front on your blazer? I know some guys in the 2nd gen do it by using the seat out of the late model x-cab trucks cause the pass side moves forward for rear access. But I think I recall our trucks are narrower then there's anyone done this or something else, I like the idea of a bench seat

Like em big and topless

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I haven't done it, but I don't think the trucks are narrower than the later models. I think any seat from a full size truck any year will fit.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well I haven't done it yet but just wanted to give you the measurement between the driver side armrest and the pass. side armrest is 61in. Is your different? Curious.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Ive got a bench seat out of a early 70s Ford truck in my 81.It fits perfect but it took custom brackets to make it bolt in.

DONT SWEAT THE PETTY STUFF,JUST PET THE SWEATY STUFF<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My next door neighbor put a 2000 chevy p/u bench seat in his '72 GMC. It was actually a little narrower than his old bench. I took a ride in it after he did it and it felt nice. There were even contures (on the back and the bottom) in the bench to keep you from sliding like with a flat one.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust