Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bench Warrent in my Name

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Jul 15, 2005.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I recieved a speeding ticket on Dec 23, 04 and I paid an attourney to help me out with it. The check cleared and I thought that that was the end of the process, wrong. I recieved a bench warrent for non-payment of fine. :mad: I recieved it in the mail after work and after 5 pm. Too late to call the jerk, so I will be stewing over this all weekend. The warrent says I have 30 days to comply. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

A bench warrent ain't sh!t, don't sweat it dood... :wink1: I'm sure you'll be able to clear it up with a phone call on Monday..

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don't speed over the weekend. :D

4. kyser_soze

Ever since I got that ticked, I am the one in the slow lane doing the speed limit, pissing everyone off. :laugh: Which by the way is very stress relieving. I set the cruise to the speed limit and don't have to worry about the slow people in front of me.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Be careful , most states you just can't call and fix it , you have to actually stand before the judge . Wait until the weekends over to turn yourself in .

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In California if you are doing the speed limit but are going slower than the rest of the traffic you can get a ticket for impeding traffic. Kinda sucks since you could get a ticket either way, too slow or too fast. :dunno:

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Can you call the attorney's office??

Maybe Bubba might have some advice for you :confused:

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Me too!

I just got a bench warrant in the mail saying that I didn't respond to a notice that one of my many vehicles was not insured, so cuz it's not insured, the state sends out a notice, that I have to send back stating why said vehicle is not insured. I remember it It didn't come with a postage paid envelope, So I threw it away, Now they are saying that the state has purchased insurance for said vehicle on my behalf, and I must pay for said insurance AND for letting it go this long without payment, I now have a bench warrant out with my name on the business end!!! [/SIZE]WTF !!! I have'nt owned said vehicle in over one year, and I have the receipt to prove it! :angry1: :angry1: Let one of these funky Po-Po's try to take me in over this, We'll all be visiting the ER over this just wait!! :angry1: :angry1: I refuse to take time out of my schedule to fix their f#@k up!

9. cbbr

Think your'e mad now. Wait until you try to renew your drivers license or register another vehicle. The DPS/DMV can, and will keep you wrapped up in paper, fines and going to see people for weeks. All you have to do is forget to notify the state that you have sold a vehicle. They did ot to me and I am a lawyer. :doah:

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Take the cancelled check with you too see the county atty. If you have proof of payment, they normally dissmiss everything. Heck, it was only a speeding ticket. I would have enough cash in pocket too pay it off just incase.

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

hmm speaking of bench warrents
    is there a statue of limitations on them?
    do they ever "go away" after so many years?

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Stay home over the weekend, don't go anywhere so you don't get stopped.

That has to be by far one of the stupidiest things I have ever read on this site...............
    :surepal: :surepal: :surepal:

13. cbbr

Not here, or in most places that I am aware of. They only go away when a judge says that they go away. They can grow worse with time.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know, I read some pretty stupid stuff on the net, LOL.

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Then you haven't read a LOT of stuff on this site! :haha: :haha: :haha:

16. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Hey Bubba... how are ya?

I read your reply and got to thinkin, Yeah OK, maybe I was a lttle over zealous. But, I'm still correct in my belief that I shouldn't have to so much as lift a finger(I might lift my middle finger) to solve the dilema, that the states own currupt law and poor record keeping have caused.

When a goverment becomes so large and bloated that it can't keep track of what is supposed to be one of their primary sources of income, then it's time for a change and you I beleive, think the same way.

When a legal system will, arbitrarely, arrest,detain and charge an upstanding citizen, such as myself, for a crime, on the basis of what some beleive is a functional record keeping system, without question, the system must be fought with all vigor and might, using all resources at my disposal.

That being said, I see no reason to do anything,(let alone spend .37 on a stamp and 5 minutes of my time.) until they come with a no knock warrant.
    Then the time will have arrived

Now, if I happen to get pulled over between now and that time, I'm going to be a big enough PITA that the pole-eeze will have to expend many more of their much needed(elsewhere)resources taking care of me, instead of out solving the problems of society, sooner or later, the system will eat itself.

17. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Did you notify your state motor vehicle department that you sold the vehicle? That is your resposablity to do in some states and others it's just to cover your own rear end.......

18. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Whether you like it or not, ask yourself which is easier to deal with: mailing a copy of the bill of sale to show the vehcile was sold or deal with this the next time you get pulled over, need to reg a vehicle, need to renew your license, etc

I say just mail the damn letter & be done with it. Just seems to make more sense to me.

19. kyser_soze

Well I got ahold of the Lawyer today, it seems that he lost my phone number and was not able to inform me that if you go over 31 mph the ticket cannot get ammended :rolleyes:. He waited until the last min, which was 5 min. too late, hence the bench warrent. Then he paid the fine at the clerks office, I had already given him the money for an ammendment of the fine.

Now the only way to remove that ticket from my record is to basicly stand before the judge and try to convience him that I was only going 30 mph over instead of 31 :o , and have a good reason for doing so, is stupidity a good reason? :doah: I don't want to lie to a judge, I think I will just pay the fine and take the points off my license for lesson learned.

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good for you , way to sack up, I get sick of listening to these dingdongs bitching about how screwed up it is that they got a ticket or fined for something they did... :thumb: