Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bend / Redmond, OR

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by seattlek5, Feb 8, 2005.

1. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Anyone here from Bend / Redmond area? Lori and I are kicking around the idea of moving down there after her daughter graduates from high school. How is the wheelin' in central Oregon? I haven't found anything other than dirtbike stuff (and lots of it) with Google. Housing is a lot cheaper down there than the Seattle area. If we decide to do it, it will still be a couple of years away. Just looking to do some research and possibly some wheelin' down there soon.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

cochev lives in bend:D

3. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

but why would you want to leave us here? it is so awesome here.
    when i lived in bend it was cheap but kinda boring and there was some wheelin but in the sumer it is all just dry and no fun stuff for me but i like the mud there was a few places to do alot of rock crawling stuff though

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I loved it around Redmond/Crooked River Ranch where I lived for about a year and a half. It is about an hour or two away from Santiam pass and a lot of wheeling up there. Everything from rock crawling to mud and general trails. Cost of housing is lower but your basics like food, gas/fuel and items you get from a store will be slightly higher to make up for it. If you are retired your taxes would be lower than WA, but it's about even between the income tax and sales tax (plus all the extra vehicle taxes etc in WA) if you make around $40-50K/year. No sales tax is a very nice thing though. When you walk into a store you will pay the exact amount you see on the price tag.

Your also only a 3-4 hour drive from Portland then 4-5 hours from TSF for more wheeling depending on how far south you end up living. There are alot of vehicle routes off road and a pretty good size group of guys with smaller rigs on Pirate from that area as well.

5. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status