Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bender Dies

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by mikey_d05, Mar 30, 2006.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm looking heavily at a Pro-Tools Model 105HD bender and as with all of them, I can get the 120 or 240 die.

Both are the same CLR so no worries there, would I regret getting the 120? It's almost $100 cheaper but if I'm constantly frustrated that I can only do 90 degree bends the $100 would have been well spent.

How often do you guys make bends over 90 degrees?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Pro-Tools bender? JD2 is a little more spendy and JMR way frickin up there, but they all look very comparable.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

spend the money. shock hoops and stingers are both more than 90* bends. I would definetally get the 240.

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

yes you will regret it, gauranteed.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yep get the 240.
    I built my whole truggy using the Pro tools 105HD. Its a nice bender. Dont think you can go wrong with either one.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool cool, thanks for the input guys, it keeps me from doing stupid stuff. :bow:

I'm getting quotes from Pirate vendors at the moment. I'm gonna use my buddy's Toy to practice, front and rear bumper, sliders, and when I get comfortable enough with my welding and bending an interior cage.

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

spend the money or yes you will regret it. the first bend I made with my bender was the stinger for my bumper. if I had only had the 120 deg die I would have been screwed right from the get go. I spent the money so I have no limitations.

7. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I have used mine to bend stingers, and some body protection on a new front bumper I am building.

I also used it to build a bike rack for a neighbor.

btw, I have a hydraulic JD2 Model 4 bender and it seems like the die pricing was the same for both degree options...Or maybe they only offer it in 240*...

http://mtechsales.com/products/Benders/Model4Spec.shtml

If you have the extra $100 and it won't hurt to spend it, I say do it. You won't regret it when you need it...