Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bender price check

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Larry_in_Tx, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I’m looking to buy the JD2 model 3 bender and all the places I’ve check have the prices right around $650 for the die and bender. Before I send my money anywhere I wanted to check with y'all and see if that’s a good price or see if I need to keep shopping.:confused:

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Need a little more info. What die do you want(tube thickness, bend * and Radius).... Also, are you just looking at the bender and one die? On the JD2 site, they list the bender for $295 and a 1 3/4"x5.5"x180* die for $260. So thats $555 + shipping....

Pro-Tools has a package going for $635. You get a MB-105 bender(similar to the model 3), stand, 1 standard die, handle and degree ring. Plus shipping.

Another place to check for good Pro-Tools/JD2 pricing is over on the PBB...

Mike Green sells them: Mike Green 4x4 PRO-TOOLS
    Keith Flux: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390293 PRO-TOOLS
    Trick Tools: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273623 JD2

Plus check out our vendor forum, not sure if anyone sells this stuff in there.

I have a Pro-Tools and am very happy with it. Plus I have talked to them on a customer service issue via e-mail. They were very quick to reply and extremely helpful!

3. Larry_in_Tx

Guess I left that part out didn’t I :o that’s what I’ve been shopping for.

I had pretty much planned on buying the JD2 from Trick-Tools but now you’ve got me thinking about the Pro Tools again.:doah: :rotfl:

Thanks for posting up, exactly the info I needed.:waytogo:

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

there really isn't much difference between JD and PT from what I have seen/read. I went with the ProTools 105HD because it was the best deal at the time I ordered. I highly recommend getting a quote from both green and flux over on pirate and then just going with whichever is the cheapest shipped price. I have dealt with both and they are "good people" all. One thing you'll definitely want to consider is what type of die you want to get... the "240 degree" dies are quite a bit more $peny... but unlike the standard dies they can do full 180 degree bends... which could come in very handy.

shipping can be a killer on bender stuff... dies are very large chunks of solid steel. You might check to see if any of the dealers listed above is within driving distance of where you live. Im 99% sure Mike Green is in TX...

j

5. Emmettology 101

Ya, I dont think you can go wrong with either. Only reason I went with the PT is because at the time i was making my purchase, there was a large post on the PBB about gauling pipe with the JD2... Not that is make a difference because the stuff just gets banged up anyhow... And I found a better prcie on my PT stuff.

Wish I would've got the degree ring though...

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I haven't talked to Flux, but Mike Green is a great guy. he answered everything I asked and helped me with anything I needed. He lives in texas. I'd go with him, personally, because he was a nice guy.

7. Larry_in_Tx

Thanks for all the help guys.

Since Jek brought up him being in Texas I’m really leaning toward buying from him. Shipping might not be that bad just going the 250 miles between us but if it is, the drive isn’t that bad heading that way to pick it up. I’ve made that drive way too many times to pick up junk for my truck to pass up a decent deal on a bender.

Thanks again.

8. Emmettology 101

Checking with Mike will probably be your best bet. But I dont think any of these people actually stock the products. Most are just a reseller and the items are drop shipped from the PT facility in Tampa, FL.

9. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

I got my JD2 and all four dies from Medford tools- $295 for the bender, about $260 for the dies. Excellent customer service and friendly
    they stocked all the stuff I bought from them

http://www.medfordtools.com/mb3pricing.html

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea, the pro-tools are dropped shipped from tampa FL, so it should cost the same from either place. i think PIG on pirate stocks a bender and a few dies, but his prices are higher to compensate for the high shipping costs. he is also located in ohio so it doens't help you. from what i remember, JD2 is like 10 miles away from pro tools, so shipping wouldn't be much different between the two brands.

i bought my pro-tools from mike green, great guy to deal with. he called me to make sure everything was what i ordered before he sent the order in. then he emailed me a couple weeks later to see if i had any problems with anything.

IIRC, i paid like $630 for the mb105, 1.5" 5.5 CLR 240* die, and a degree ring shipped. the ups guy loved me that day.

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I would def. look at the Pro-Tools Line up. It's some nice stuff.

Either Mike Green or Keith from Xtreme will take good care of you. Both have dealt alot of product out of their companies and know the in's and out's out getting you what you need.