Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Benders and Die prices.

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by sled_dog, Feb 18, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Looking at buying my bender finally. Just wantt o get a Manual Model 3 style setup. Van Sant and JD2 both have the benders for the same price. $295 for the bender and $275 for the 1.75 x 6.5" die. This is the first die I want because its the most common one I see using. Anyone know of someone with better pricing?

2. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I went with the pro-tool 105 but I found just about all the pricing to be about the same between the 105 and JD2 when I was shopping around. I ended up buying from Mike Green because how helpful he was with everything and he’s just a flat out nice guy. He stayed in touch with me throughout the whole deal making sure everything was good and even caught up with me a little later to see how my project was turning out.

You can’t go wrong with either bender and the pricing is so close between the two from any vender you choose, you’re not going to get ripped any way you decide to go.

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Mike Green!

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i bought mine from mike green also. ended up talking on the phone for about an hour when i ordered it. great guy to deal with and in general, im going threw him to buy my next die set.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thanks guys. I ended up buying my Detroit and a ton of stuff to overhaul the 60 with so money has dried up for the moment, haha. Realized I need to get this damn project headed in a forward direction and a front axle is more important than the finish tube work. Keep Mike Green in mind for the future.

6. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

Is a degree ring worth it on a manual bender? And how easy is it to replicate bends with a manual setup? I have been thinking about getting a bender but was thinking about hydrolic...

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you keep a notebook of bends you don't really need the degree ring but its kind of nice sometimes. Same thing with hydraulic. Keep track of how far out your ram is and which hole the pin is on the die and there ya go you can duplicate bends all day long with this set up