Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bending planning (software?)

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by dremu, Aug 21, 2006.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

All this talk of cheap benders has me :thinking:

Now, regardless of whether I go cheap or not, I gotta plan my bends.

Anybody got any fave CAD or tube-bending-planning programs? PC, Windows only pleeeez... no Macs or Unices here. Obviously shareware/freeware preferred 'cuz I'm cheap, but I'm amenable to paying a bit for quality software.

-- A

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I don't know of any FREE software, but I do know that Bend-tech EZ is the cheap version out there and its great. I have it and use it all the time. Yes, the Pro version is really nice, but pricey. That why I don't have it..............yet.

3. Captainfab

Captainfab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have and highly recomend Bend-tech Pro. It's not free but once you use it you'll see that it's worth every penny and wonder how you ever got by without it. Even if you can't afford $275 right now you can start out with one of the less $ programs and upgrade later for just the difference in $. Cris, the owner of 2020ssi, is a hell of a nice guy and his tech support is second to none. He's always willing to help you no matter what your problem with the software may be. The Bend-tech software is relatively easy to learn also.
    http://www.2020ssi.com

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

My friend has the bend-tech and I don't know if I am already used to doing it my own way or what but i was really un-impressed with it. if you are just starting i'd MABYE go with it, but if you are somewhat seasoned i'd stay with what you know.

just for spits and giggles i actually had my friend go in ans do the calculations and I stayed outside with a pen, measuring tape and my eyeballs and see who came out faster---I was already starting the bends when he came out:dunno:.