Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bent 205 Output Shaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RSNHELL, Apr 9, 2005.

1. RSNHELL

RSNHELL Registered Member

anybody seen or heard of it? I,m still chasing a driveline vibration,and am getting frustrated. I've rebuilt the tranny, changed tranny and engine mounts,put in new 14 bolt,rims/tires balanced,new 1350cv HAD rear driveshaft( which made vibration worse).new wheel bearings ,hubs/rotors.It didn't start doing this until after I converted from an auto to a manual.new shaft in tranny and new bearings in tranny and transfer case. Anything I've missed? Any help is appreciated,thanks.

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Just a thought - Is your pilot bushing/bearing in good shape. It is possible that your input shaft is wobbling and your disc is clamped in an out of round/balance position and it is beating the driveline to death .
    Like I said just a thought ??? You seem to have looked at all the usual stuff.
    Good luck , Tom

3. RSNHELL

I've had the tranny guy tear it apart twice. I don't know. I'm thinking about taking my new HAD driveshaft to a local driveshaft shop to double check the balance. You know how UPS is.,when I recieved it the box was destroyed. CEnterforce 2 clutch, pilot and bushing,resurfaced 168 flywheel,12' clutch,transfer case rebuilt( existing shaft)

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

But what about the pilot bearing in the crank shaft ? Did you put one in when you swapped out the auto tranny for the manual one ?
    Tom
    Sorry , I just re-read your response and you stated that you did do the pilot bushing.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As has been said, need to have a pilot bearing in the end of the crank and also did you readjust your driveline angle after installing the CV shaft? With a CV shaft the rear diff yoke needs to be pointing inline with the driveshaft if not you will get a bad vibe.

6. RSNHELL

yeah , the rear pinion is pointed up toward the transfer case (set 2 degrees below for axle wrap). The guy that worked on my tranny owns NORCAL transmissions in Santa Rosa and specializes in 4x4s.. He runs the same set-up in his truck ,so I'm pretty sure he did it right.

7. RSNHELL

I"m stumped.