Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bent D60 Perch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Jul 7, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

The drivers side perch on my D60 is bent concave or cupped. Is this a common problem? When I removed the spring I noticed that the outside edges of the spring seemed to be the only places touching the perch. Where could I find a replacement perch that I could be certain is the right height to match the cast perch on the passenger side?

2. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I have the exact same problem with mine(as well as the back side of the perch being bent down). I have posted on here and on Pirate and have not come up with a factory replacement other than a dodge perch which is 2.25" wide compared to the chevy which is 2.5" wide but im sure it would work just fine. I also heard from a person on this site that you can just build your own out of a piece of 2.5"x2.5" square tubing with 1/4" wall thickness. Great lake offroad also makes perches that are made out of 1/4" steel, I dont think they are application specific and as far as I know you have to buy them in pairs but im sure it could be made to work?

3. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I figured a factory replacement would be hard to come by, I guess I'll make my own while I'm making the rears. I just wanted to buy the one for the D60 because it has to match an existing perch. If I was replacing both like on the 14 bolt it would be less af a concern. Thanks