Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bent Highlift jack!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZK5, Sep 8, 2000.

1. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

A few weeks ago I blew out my drivers side front axle u-joint. I set my Highlift jack under the winch bumper hooking it on a bolt and jacked up the K5 until the tire left the ground. I took the tire off and proceeded to remove the axles and busted u-joint. During this time the truck slid over and the Highlift jack bent in the middle! Dropping the knuckle into the dirt. The foot of the jack didn't move and instead of leaning over the jack bent. No one got hurt and a dozen wheelers were standing there scratching their heads wondering how you can bend a Highlift. It was the 60" model and the jack was lifted about 40". The jack was about 3 years old, no rust, it wasn't caked with dirt, I've never run over it, in fact I've only used it a few times. I have it mounted on the inside of my K5 so it doesn't see much dirt. I called Highlift to order a new bar and the tech guy told me that it shouldn't have bent. I was ready to buy the part for only $21 shipping included and he insisted that they would send me a free replacement part. Highlift is an awesome company! They stand behind their product like all commpanies should. They sent me a couple of stickers and I will definitely put them on my truck.
    CB

2. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

I agree that High Lift is one heck of a jack! I even have an old, old model with a wooden axe handle that still works perfect! The one thing that I allways do though, is never, never trust a jack, espesally when there is any chance of me or anyone else getting hurt. I ALLWAYS use the the jack just to lift the truck and then support the wieght with jack stands or even the tire that you just took off. Glad nobody got hurt! GOPHERKILLER

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Thats weird! i have the 48" model and it was mounted ot my front bumper for a while and I have had it slide sideways and drop the vehicle and I have driven off of it before and mine has never bent, that is weird that yours did!

Glad to here no one was hurt!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I hate it when that happends!! It scared the HELL out of me when my truck shifted and my HI-LIFT jack fell over! Still I wouldn't trade my trusty jack in for anything!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!