Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bent hood

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Aug 25, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

hey ever since i reinstalled my hood, on my 76 blazer whenever i close it the hood bends and it looks really bad and all. does neone know wat cause this and how to fix it, i know lmc sells those extensions and i plan on buying those, is there anything else i can do though?

thanks,

phil

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

grease up those hinges real good, are you talking about those hood stiffiners when you say extensions, I have some on my hood and they work but if your hoods to far gone they wont fix it...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

You might have the hinges adjusted to where they close too tight. The rear two bolts on both sides of the hood can adjust front to rear and up and down. I had mine too tight and when the hood was closed, there were two little dimples . I adjusted it and now it is fine.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Check at the front where the front of your hood goes. The two rubber things at the front. Screw em and unscrew em. They adjust the hood a bit too!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!