Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best 35" tire

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Mar 13, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

best 35\" tire

Alright im looking for a great 35" mud tire. I whant one that will do OK on road as i may be making an 85 mile trip a few times a year then theres those days when i whant to drive the full sized truck. So what would you guys say is the best 35" tire, i was thingking BFG muds.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: best 35\" tire

I would go with a Swamper TSL in the 35x15x15 variety. I personally have BFG Muds and they're fine on the road, but if you really want to do mud, you're going to want a more agressive tire than them. If you do a lot of road, the BFGs are what you're after, otherwise Swampers are the way to go.

3. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah it all depends on where you drive it... i have TSLs now, they arent as smooth on the road as my old bfg muds, and the wear on the bfgs was much bettter...so if this is a 90% road and once a month in moderate wheeling, just go with the bfgs, i loved the street ride of the swampers at first, the loud hum and the bouncy ride, but after a while it kind of sucks when you have to yell at the person sitting beside you...

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I think the GoodYear MT/R is the best.

I also like BFG and ProComp M/T. I run those because they are FAR more affordable. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I have a set of the bfg mud/km's and I love them. I've had them a little over a year now. There on my daily driver and i use them on the highway daily. Very quite, hardly hear them over my engine. They wear great, and I live in Montana and we get all sorts of different stuff to play in, and they've been awsome all around. I found out with wheeling with my buddies, with buckshoot mudders, i always make it to the top, when they dont in the mud. Also mine are sipped, and do awsome in wet and snow conditions. Only problem i had was in the sand, but i left them at 35 psi, if i would have aired down i bet they would have been much better. I'd get them again if they made a 37' with a 15" rim. I'd highly recomend them.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

mtr.

j

7. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

FYI - not all 35's measure out to 35 inches. I have BFG A/T's thatb say they are 35" but they measure out at 33".

8. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Id say the MTRs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif